RDS/TMC with GPS

Guest TreColl

Guest TreColl

Hi,

I know this device has a built in RDS/TMC receiver, is there someway to use this for traffic updates with GPS software.

I am running IGO 2006 Plus (the one that can take TMC traffic) but I cannot seem to be able to configure my TMC receiver in a way so that IGO can connect with it.

Any ideas?

TreColl

Edited by TreColl

Guest mikealder

Forget it the radio reception is poor at best so the chance of picking up one of the RDS signals is nigh on impossible, I doubt it would work even if it could pickup a signal though as the unit cannot decode the signal into the data packets the navigation software would need - Mike

Guest TreColl

Ok, thanks - but the reception on FM isnt that bad here....

Paul, am I mistaken or do you run IGO?

If so, do u use tmc features, or is there some other way to get traffic sent to IGO.

Am also interested in speed cams, damn thing tells me the speedlimit for each road, but don't tell whether or not their are speed cameras down it...

Anyone can help?

TreColl

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Revel72

There is a programme that will convert the Tomtom speedcamera database which are .OV2 files to a .txt file that the i-go 2006 + needs to show the speed cameras on your map. Sounds complicated, but it isnt :) . I have just added the .txt file to the POI/speedcamera file and it shows up no problem. Enjoy and keep your licience clean.

speedcameras.txt