Editing on the i600 ?

Guest gavinfabl

Guest gavinfabl

There is one thing I really miss from my PPC Phone, and that is the inability to copy and paste text from one program to another.

I have read about Vito CopyPaste and Xbar 3.2 but you have to buy Xbar before being able to try, and I couldnt get Vito's app to work.

Any ideas?

Guest chucky.egg

Vito works fine on my I600

Once loaded (you should see an "Application running" message appear) you just press and hold the "Ok" button to see the pop-up options. Use Up/Down (or the number shortcuts) to choose what you want to do - cut, copy, paste etc.

Guest gavinfabl
Did you try SmartToolkit ? could be download from: http://www.e-natives.web.id/

I will try vito again and I havent seen or tried smarttoolkit, will look at this too. Thanks.

Just can't get Vito to work on my i600. The application is running but in email it just adds space pressing the OK or activates a link .

Edited by gavinfabl

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gavinfabl
Vito works fine on my I600

Once loaded (you should see an "Application running" message appear) you just press and hold the "Ok" button to see the pop-up options. Use Up/Down (or the number shortcuts) to choose what you want to do - cut, copy, paste etc.

I get the "Application running" message. But say I am reading an email and need to copy a piece of text, if I press and hold the OK button, any hyperlinks etc are activated. What am I missing?

Guest chucky.egg

Ah, OK

You can only copy text from text fields - you can't (for some reason, no idea why) use it to copy text from things like emails and web pages.

Basically if it has a text box that you can click in you can copy it

Guest gavinfabl

I got that working now. Thanks for the explanation.

But copying email and web pages is really important. any ideas.

I did try the other app mentioned above, but i didnt understand how it worked, and it seemed that the version I installed wasnt finished or was a trial. Any guidance here please. If it works I will buy it.

Guest chucky.egg

I dont know of any app that will let you copy text from emails and web pages (there are a couple that let you copy text from textboxes)

Guest gavinfabl
I dont know of any app that will let you copy text from emails and web pages (there are a couple that let you copy text from textboxes)

thats a real shame. This lack of editing may be the cause of me replacing my i600.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gavinfabl
I don't think you can do it in PocketPC either though (it's a while since I used a PPC, so I could be wrong)

In PPC you can do editing anywhere. All you had to do is bring up the SIP keyboard, and press CTRL and C, X, V in fact loads of the standard desktop CTRL editing functions work, even undo.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest orcinus

Checked it out and it's not 100% functional on the i600. Don't know about the BlackJack...

On i600 the Edit menu shows up only in Tasks and Contacts, not in Messaging (SMS, MMS nor e-mail).

I'm guessing it has something to do with Samsung's MMS extensions in Outlook...