Orange 07755 / 07744 charges

Guest M1TNT

Guest M1TNT

Just had a bit of a shock with my phone bill.

I use access numbers to dial international numbers via my mobile - now in the past these use to use my inclusive min's so in effect they were like free calls.

Well that is now no longer the case so a recent call to South Africa set me back just over £5 for 30 mins ( glad it was not more - but it could have been ! )

Seems like Orange has changed there T&C's

Tariff Terms and Conditions changes

In line with other operators, Orange have updated our terms and conditions for a number of our offers and promotions. Calls to 07744 and 07755 numbers are not included in bundle and will be charged at a flat rate of 20p/min. These changes are applicable to ALL existing Orange tariffs, both the animal range of tariffs that is currently available and all tariffs that are now removed from sale.

For specific updates to the current tariff terms and conditions please click on one of the links below:

* Offers and Promotions - PAYM Animal Packages - clause 5

* Offers and Promotions - SIM only Animal Packages - clause 7

* Offers and Promotions - Unlimited Bundles - clause 6

The changes will come into effect from 8 June 2007.

http://www1.orange.co.uk/termsupdate/

I have phone Orange up as I am a bit miffed to say the least especially as calls made at the beginning of the month were not charged but the last few have been. They will credit my bill for the total of the call charges to the 07755 number I have used.

Would have been nice to have been told.

Guest sxywill2005

I use access numbers to dial international numbers via my mobile - now in the past these use to use my inclusive min's so in effect they were like free calls.

Well that is now no longer the case so a recent call to South Africa set me back just over £5 for 30 mins ( glad it was not more - but it could have been ! )

Seems like Orange has changed there T&C's

Tariff Terms and Conditions changes

In line with other operators, Orange have updated our terms and conditions for a number of our offers and promotions. Calls to 07744 and 07755 numbers are not included in bundle and will be charged at a flat rate of 20p/min. These changes are applicable to ALL existing Orange tariffs, both the animal range of tariffs that is currently available and all tariffs that are now removed from sale.

For specific updates to the current tariff terms and conditions please click on one of the links below:

* Offers and Promotions - PAYM Animal Packages - clause 5

* Offers and Promotions - SIM only Animal Packages - clause 7

* Offers and Promotions - Unlimited Bundles - clause 6

The changes will come into effect from 8 June 2007.

http://www1.orange.co.uk/termsupdate/

I have phone Orange up as I am a bit miffed to say the least especially as calls made at the beginning of the month were not charged but the last few have been. They will credit my bill for the total of the call charges to the 07755 number I have used.

Would have been nice to have been told.

Don't you have the right to terminate your contract because of this? I am sure O2 did a payout/allowed you to leave when this happened to them last year.

Any excuse to leave Orange for me :)

Guest pjheliking
Don't you have the right to terminate your contract because of this? I am sure O2 did a payout/allowed you to leave when this happened to them last year.

Any excuse to leave Orange for me :)

orange will do wat they can to keep u i dont think that they will let u leave but u cud give it a try. I wasnt told either and I work for them. but they are offering a credit for these calls up unitill the 12 or 13 next month. as thats when they hope to tell everyone by (dont think that will happen). However once that u have been given the credit u wont get another one so if u call international numbers after this u will just get a kb. Did u recieve a copy of the new terms and conditions? if not then u shud argue ur case that you werent informed and you want out. (might not work but worth a try)

Guest Confucious

They have broken the terms of your contract so you have the right to terminate if you want - they will try and keep you (maybe by agreeing to refiund all these costs for the remainder of your contract.) Could be worth threatening even if you don't intend doing it.

Guest M1TNT
They have broken the terms of your contract so you have the right to terminate if you want - they will try and keep you (maybe by agreeing to refiund all these costs for the remainder of your contract.) Could be worth threatening even if you don't intend doing it.

I guess I could have threatened them but as soon as I told them what it was they were like "Yip no problems we will refund you all the charges and as of the 1st of July you will have to pay for 07755/07744 numbers" and that was it. I was as happy as I was going to be I guess.

Guest sxywill2005

Well my one and a bit month stint with Orange was great.

I got two SPV E650's (their fault for sending 2, but Shhhhh :P )

I wanted unlimited data, but only got 30mb

The new terms in contract gave me an excuse to leave. Bye Orange Pay Monthly, hello T-mobile with WnW, I am going to go on when the Kaiser (MDA Vario III) comes out, so it shall be worth the wait :) Didn't they say an August release date for the Kaiser?

Guest darrengf

Im sorry to say this people.

Orange are not in breach, 07755 / 07744 have been charged for in the last year or so, but there systems dont always pick them up.

The problem i keep telling people is that orange can do what ever they want and when they want.

They have more tcs and clauses in there contract than anything i know of.

And to make things worse, Orange admit today that they have lost there sparkle.

Orange loses its sparkle

15:34PM Thu 28 June 2007

Orange is reeling from findings of a wide-ranging customer survey, which has concluded that it faces major problems on four fronts.

An internal memo to Orange staff states: 'Recently, things haven't been that rosy.' The network surveyed its customers, as well as customers from rival mobile operators and broadband providers.

The memo reveals:

• 'Pay-monthly customers say we've lost the sparkle we used to have.'

• 'Broadband customers are confused with all the changes and are yet to be convinced of the benefits of being part of Orange.'

• 'Business customers are asking for better account management and customer services.'

• 'Pay-as-you-go customers say we're OK, but could do better.'

The revelations have prompted the company to launch an internal campaign called 'Dave', to continually monitor customer feedback. This name is used because 'Dave' is the most common name among Orange customers.

Orange's director of customer base management, Alex Ford, told Mobile: 'Part of the reason for being perceived to “have lost that sparkle” is that we are not listening to customers as we should be.'

He said many of Orange's strengths have been copied by rivals: 'O2 has taken the freshness of Orange, and it is a world of difference from Cellnet. It is now a people company, rather than a technology company.'

Ford added: '[Orange] has been through a lot of change in the last 18 months with all the integration of France Telecom's fixed and mobile assets.'

Some have blamed Orange's parent, France Telecom, for diverting its focus away from what matters to the customer.

Ford said: 'We are part of FT and we have tough targets, but there is a general internal belief that we want to deliver for the customer.'

The Dave campaign is intended to redirect Orange's attention back onto customers, Ford claimed.

The memo also states: 'If we charge a little bit more, our products and services have to be better than everyone else's.'

post-222237-1183057141_thumb.jpg

Guest modgnik

You may be interested in the thread below for cheap international sms and voice calls.

www.coolsmartphone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10513

The address for the login page for voice calls using your phone is

http://myaccount.justvoip.com/clx

I find this particular site (Justvoip) to be the cheapest of the dozen sites of this German company for calls from and within Europe.

(data use is about 20kb per connection using Opera Mini browser)