i'm the lowest of the newbies.

Guest Shenanigans06

Guest Shenanigans06

I joined this site to download some ringtones I saw on some of the threads but I have no idea how to save .mp3 and .wav files to my hard drive just from the links.

i've tried Zamzar but it doesn't work for the thread I want.

any suggestions?

Guest Disco Stu

Welcome to the forum :)

The easiest way is to right-click on the link and 'Save Target (or Link) As..'

Does this not work for you ?

Which internet browser are you using ?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest yo0j3en

i am having a similar problem. i am looking at this topic: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=204490 and it seems that almost all of the links for the ringtones opens up a new window and plays it on quicktime. i cant "save target as" because the url/adress is not a sound file. i was wondering if you could tell me how to download the files like that. im using firefox btw if that helps anything thanks :]

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

I'm a newbie too. :)

Don't know why you can't do right-click Save target as. Kindly try these tricks:

1. If you are using FF, open the WAV link in new tab. Mouse over the link then right-click mouse. Shown below is Disco Stu's 'goat.wav' from post # 3 of that forum thread.

snap408rz4.gif

2. QuickTime plays the file in another tab. You'll get to see the player interface...

snap409pi2.jpg

3. While focused on the tab, hit FF's Tools > Page Info

snap410yc5.gif

4. Click Media tab, highlight the address then 'Save As...' (notice the 7.68 kb file? )

snap411fn9.gif

5. By default, it will be saved as 'index.php'. Just change it to 'goat.wav' then Save.

snap413dc7.jpg

I hope it works with you. Welcome to MoDaCo forum. :P

Guest mikeeey
I'm a newbie too. :)

Don't know why you can't do right-click Save target as. Kindly try these tricks:

1. If you are using FF, open the WAV link in new tab. Mouse over the link then right-click mouse. Shown below is Disco Stu's 'goat.wav' from post # 3 of that forum thread.

snap408rz4.gif

2. QuickTime plays the file in another tab. You'll get to see the player interface...

snap409pi2.jpg

3. While focused on the tab, hit FF's Tools > Page Info

snap410yc5.gif

4. Click Media tab, highlight the address then 'Save As...' (notice the 7.68 kb file? )

snap411fn9.gif

5. By default, it will be saved as 'index.php'. Just change it to 'goat.wav' then Save.

snap413dc7.jpg

I hope it works with you. Welcome to MoDaCo forum. :P

2 other things you could do is either set your default media player as windows media player, in the windows media player settings. from there your ringtones and songs will open in windows media player and you can just go to file save as in it.

or you could just use internet explorer when u want to save ringtones.

----------

hey gpcarreon how come u can see little red and green squares on the left and right side of your warn level? and i see you can actually see other peoples warn levels?

Guest conan_troutman

can i just say has any one used the "save link as..."

also I haven't got any warning ...not good for my bad boy image...can i have jsut one please just so i can pretend to be hard...

er i mean you want some pal I'll rip out your ariel and speed dial your ass

one other question mods and admin which one is the Most Vertical Primate?

Edited by conan_troutman

Guest armogedden57

:) had a little chuckle to that yesterday when i logged on for the first time (... is is really aligning himself with that film??)

can i get airbud at the side of mine