I'm a newbie too.
Don't know why you can't do right-click Save target as. Kindly try these tricks:
1. If you are using FF, open the WAV link in new tab. Mouse over the link then right-click mouse. Shown below is Disco Stu's 'goat.wav' from post # 3 of that forum thread.
2. QuickTime plays the file in another tab. You'll get to see the player interface...
3. While focused on the tab, hit FF's Tools > Page Info
4. Click Media tab, highlight the address then 'Save As...' (notice the 7.68 kb file? )
5. By default, it will be saved as 'index.php'. Just change it to 'goat.wav' then Save.
I hope it works with you. Welcome to MoDaCo forum.