Orange M3100

Guest Barcode

Guest Barcode

Hi Guys

Well I have no idea where to post this so I guess this is the ideal place to start.

I have a M3100 which I like but often my phone often doesn't ring unless I reset it. This means I must frequently look at the phone to see if I have missed a call(s). I have tried talking with Orange and they just replaced the phone but that didn't fix the problem and they say nobody else has the same problem.

I notice from the Help About the the version of WM5 on my phone is very old. Can I upgrade it? Is there anything I can say to Orange to get the problem fixed?

Where I live we have just one choice of airtime provider, otherwise I would move. Both our phones here are on contract.

Regards Richard

Guest jimbouk

There is a rom update on orange's business site. Search Modaco for the link.

Otherwise it may just be that you have a really weak 3g signal and the device doesn't like it. Try settings, phone, band and switch it to GSM for a couple of days instead of Auto and see if thats any better.

The other option is to explore the wonderful world of WM6 roms...

Guest Barcode
There is a rom update on orange's business site. Search Modaco for the link.

Otherwise it may just be that you have a really weak 3g signal and the device doesn't like it. Try settings, phone, band and switch it to GSM for a couple of days instead of Auto and see if thats any better.

The other option is to explore the wonderful world of WM6 roms...

Thank you for your reply. I couldn't find a link for the Orange Business stuff but did for WM6 so I'm carefully reading the post relating to that to see if my knowledge is up to the task :)

From what I have read so far it looks like I would get rid of the non-standard Orange stuff so other packages would work correctly.