• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Barcode

Barcode

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi Guys

Well I have no idea where to post this so I guess this is the ideal place to start.

I have a M3100 which I like but often my phone often doesn't ring unless I reset it. This means I must frequently look at the phone to see if I have missed a call(s). I have tried talking with Orange and they just replaced the phone but that didn't fix the problem and they say nobody else has the same problem.

I notice from the Help About the the version of WM5 on my phone is very old. Can I upgrade it? Is there anything I can say to Orange to get the problem fixed?

Where I live we have just one choice of airtime provider, otherwise I would move. Both our phones here are on contract.

Regards Richard

jimbouk

jimbouk

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
  • Devices:HTC Diamond
There is a rom update on orange's business site. Search Modaco for the link.

Otherwise it may just be that you have a really weak 3g signal and the device doesn't like it. Try settings, phone, band and switch it to GSM for a couple of days instead of Auto and see if thats any better.

The other option is to explore the wonderful world of WM6 roms...

Touch HD runnign Dutty's latest rom

crazyc

crazyc

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Devices:O2 XDA Serra, SPV M3100

Truly Majikal.

----------------------------------
HTC One X due to arrive
Smartphone History:
Vodafone HTC Desire Z
Vodafone UK Touch Pro 2
O2 XDA Serra
O2 XDA Stellar
Orange M3100

Barcode

Barcode

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

There is a rom update on orange's business site. Search Modaco for the link.

Otherwise it may just be that you have a really weak 3g signal and the device doesn't like it. Try settings, phone, band and switch it to GSM for a couple of days instead of Auto and see if thats any better.

Thank you for your reply. I couldn't find a link for the Orange Business stuff but did for WM6 so I'm carefully reading the post relating to that to see if my knowledge is up to the task :)

From what I have read so far it looks like I would get rid of the non-standard Orange stuff so other packages would work correctly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users