The official HTC Kaiser (P4550) 'Ask Paul' thread

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest broadwayblue
Not sure if this is old news or not, but at this link:

http://www.elite-electronix.com/product_in...roducts_id=1015

Elite Electronix has a release date of August 22 at the very bottom. It's interesting that they've given an exact day, and it's pretty promising.

Are their specs wrong, or is it possible that the final build will drop about 30g?

Guest A Shiny Demon
Are their specs wrong, or is it possible that the final build will drop about 30g?

Good catch... They also listed the battery at 1500 mAh, which I believe is also wrong. It appears that they just copied it from PDAdb.net, although even PDAdb states that the battery is 1350mAh now (which is correct, I believe). 160g would be very nice, but I don't see it happening. They appear to be out of date and, like everyone else, listing specs without any prior research to back them up.

Here's something to think about until the next bit of news: why does a phone with a QVGA screen need a VGA camera on the front? Unless you're video conferencing with someone who has a VGA screen, I suppose. What kind of network can handle streaming 640x480, though?

Edited by A Shiny Demon

Guest mikeeey
Good catch... They also listed the battery at 1500 mAh, which I believe is also wrong. It appears that they just copied it from PDAdb.net, although even PDAdb states that the battery is 1350mAh now (which is correct, I believe). 160g would be very nice, but I don't see it happening. They appear to be out of date and, like everyone else, listing specs without any prior research to back them up.

Here's something to think about until the next bit of news: why does a phone with a QVGA screen need a VGA camera on the front? Unless you're video conferencing with someone who has a VGA screen, I suppose. What kind of network can handle streaming 640x480, though?

maybe its cuz VGA is the smallest sized camera youl really find. (Ive never seen a QVGA camera before[and never hope to lol])

or maybe its a VGA camera but it doesnt record at a VGA resolution.

Edited by mikeeey

Guest bugeyes
Sign me up for one! I only hope T-Mobile don't make theirs pink again.

Impressive camera but is that a scratch above the front wheelarch on your pride and joy Paul?

check out this link below for the tmobile mda 3 pic.....no other new info tho!

http://msmobilenews.com/

Guest IndyJonez

Man I'm bummed if it's only coming to AT&T in the US, and I was so excited about this phone. :)

Doesn't AT&T have it all already over here? They have their 8525, blackjack, "I"thingy.

Well, all I can do is hope TMo US will wise up and upgrade their slower "Wing" with this unit otherwise I'll be forced to sell a car and buy unlocked. <_<