• This topic is locked This topic is locked
130 replies to this topic

wi11

wi11

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Hmm, does anyone have any tips on how to get one from the first batch released? Would it be an idea to go to the local T-mobile shop and promise a £20 'bonus' for an employee there for putting one of the first aside for me? Or will they just do that anyway if you ask?

mikeeey

mikeeey

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts
  • Devices:Nokia n82 (hacked)

I had a few Kaisers that I got today and guess what they all had Tmobile roms still in the beta stages but the roms are great a lot better than the first ones. They have all got the pink and white custom screens very similar to the Vario II, Still very earlie. I am telling you when tmobile release this there first batch will sell out within the first few hours.

Tmobile - Vodaphone are the ones which should get the device first.
Orange - o2 are yet confirm.

what about cingular? wont they get it first before t-mobile UK does?

my signature is too long

xxnoelziexx

xxnoelziexx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Devices:Moto G & Nexus 5

what about cingular? wont they get it first before t-mobile UK does?

mikeeey I am from the UK lol,
The way things are going for the USA I think they may be released there after the UK , The UK are pushing for 3G handsets more and more now. All the Tmobile reps I speak to are all waiting for
the Kaiser. You should see some of the emails flying around the departments. I know the roms are being developed a lot quicker here than the USA currently.

The HTC roms a looking fantastic though Paul will tell you all about it hint hint lol :)

Nexus 5
Moto G

A Shiny Demon

A Shiny Demon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Not sure if this is old news or not, but at this link:
http://www.elite-ele...roducts_id=1015
Elite Electronix has a release date of August 22 at the very bottom. It's interesting that they've given an exact day, and it's pretty promising.

mikeeey

mikeeey

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

mikeeey I am from the UK lol,
The way things are going for the USA I think they may be released there after the UK , The UK are pushing for 3G handsets more and more now. All the Tmobile reps I speak to are all waiting for
the Kaiser. You should see some of the emails flying around the departments. I know the roms are being developed a lot quicker here than the USA currently.

The HTC roms a looking fantastic though Paul will tell you all about it hint hint lol :)

hm, i thought i remember hearing the US will actually be getting the kaiser in August, and the UK gets it sometime after? actually yes i believe i read this on mymobile911, or perhaps it was on that hands-on video? one of the 2.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

btw i just found another kaiser review on youtube!

Edited by mikeeey, 06 July 2007 - 03:04 AM.

my signature is too long

broadwayblue

broadwayblue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Treo 650

Not sure if this is old news or not, but at this link:
http://www.elite-ele...roducts_id=1015
Elite Electronix has a release date of August 22 at the very bottom. It's interesting that they've given an exact day, and it's pretty promising.

Are their specs wrong, or is it possible that the final build will drop about 30g?

A Shiny Demon

A Shiny Demon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Are their specs wrong, or is it possible that the final build will drop about 30g?

Good catch... They also listed the battery at 1500 mAh, which I believe is also wrong. It appears that they just copied it from PDAdb.net, although even PDAdb states that the battery is 1350mAh now (which is correct, I believe). 160g would be very nice, but I don't see it happening. They appear to be out of date and, like everyone else, listing specs without any prior research to back them up.

Here's something to think about until the next bit of news: why does a phone with a QVGA screen need a VGA camera on the front? Unless you're video conferencing with someone who has a VGA screen, I suppose. What kind of network can handle streaming 640x480, though?

Edited by A Shiny Demon, 06 July 2007 - 04:14 AM.

mikeeey

mikeeey

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

Good catch... They also listed the battery at 1500 mAh, which I believe is also wrong. It appears that they just copied it from PDAdb.net, although even PDAdb states that the battery is 1350mAh now (which is correct, I believe). 160g would be very nice, but I don't see it happening. They appear to be out of date and, like everyone else, listing specs without any prior research to back them up.

Here's something to think about until the next bit of news: why does a phone with a QVGA screen need a VGA camera on the front? Unless you're video conferencing with someone who has a VGA screen, I suppose. What kind of network can handle streaming 640x480, though?

maybe its cuz VGA is the smallest sized camera youl really find. (Ive never seen a QVGA camera before[and never hope to lol])
or maybe its a VGA camera but it doesnt record at a VGA resolution.

Edited by mikeeey, 06 July 2007 - 04:51 AM.

my signature is too long

bugeyes

bugeyes

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:Long distance walker

Sign me up for one! I only hope T-Mobile don't make theirs pink again.

Impressive camera but is that a scratch above the front wheelarch on your pride and joy Paul?

check out this link below for the tmobile mda 3 pic.....no other new info tho!

http://msmobilenews.com/

walk wild walk free! and die living!

IndyJonez

IndyJonez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Man I'm bummed if it's only coming to AT&T in the US, and I was so excited about this phone. :)

Doesn't AT&T have it all already over here? They have their 8525, blackjack, "I"thingy.

Well, all I can do is hope TMo US will wise up and upgrade their slower "Wing" with this unit otherwise I'll be forced to sell a car and buy unlocked. <_<

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,366 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
For the sake of tidiness, please continue discussion in the Kaiser review thread :)

http://www.modaco.co...howtopic=256569

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users