Photo

Paul Reviews.... the HTC TyTN II (Kaiser)

* * * * * 5 votes

• Please log in to reply
2012 replies to this topic

Syphon Filter

Syphon Filter

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Devices:HTC TyTN II
So...

Toshiba Portege G900 vs. HTC Kaiser

That's the dilemna I'm having now. What do you guys reckon?

bigneeker

bigneeker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
hey paul
can you post some more comparison pics of the kaiser? (next to p4350, tytn...)

thanks

djthomas

djthomas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Samsung SCH i-730
Paul,
Any thoughts on this device as compared to the Samsung i760?
http://pdaphonehome....htc-kaiser.html

Michael Pang

Michael Pang

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
Paul,

BTW, can you give me more details on your experience on the battery life and CPU performance, like TCPMP?

Syphon Filter

Syphon Filter

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Devices:HTC TyTN II
Paul,

I take it you are a tomtom user. Any chance you could give copilot 6 a go on there for me please? If I get this I will likely get it on TMobile and get the copilot pack.

Cheers,

Syphon.

MARKUKCOUK

MARKUKCOUK

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts
How come you can review this device having only had it a day, when you posted this in the M700 thread...

Unfortunately, Orange's PR agency are only able to offer me a device with a 3 day turnaround, and I don't feel this is long enough to provide you, the readership, with a fair and considered review, which is what we strive to provide and is the least you should expect.

???

[sigtracker]2480[/sigtracker]

xxnoelziexx

xxnoelziexx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Devices:Moto G & Nexus 5
The toshiba looks to be a very fine phone in terms of spec, The long screen puts me off looks very odd. So far the Kaiser is the phone for me as you can see from the pictures.
My main phone the Kaiser and secondary the Dopod C730. The Kaiser wins the battle of The Toshiba vs Kaiser hands down. I am sure when Pauls back from holiday he probably will get his hands on
the toshiba, There was a review off the Toshiba in PDA Essentials issue 63 page 84 (Scored an 8)

Attached Files

• Attached File  htc1.JPG   67.38KB   318 downloads
  • Attached File  htc2.JPG   59.26KB   305 downloads

Nexus 5
Moto G

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,222 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien

How come you can review this device having only had it a day, when you posted this in the M700 thread...
???

Because I have the device long enough to continually update the review, I am under no pressure to return it before issues would surface.

I have now given it a REAL thrashing, and still love it btw :)

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

xxnoelziexx

xxnoelziexx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Because I have the device long enough to continually update the review, I am under no pressure to return it before issues would surface.

I have now given it a REAL thrashing, and still love it btw :)

P

lol I can see you now with the device lol, My partner thinks I love the Kaiser more than her, She knows she always comes first but I do love the Kaiser :P

Nexus 5
Moto G

freeloader

freeloader

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Ah, compromise, ... that's all HTC ever do. Want a new feature? We'll have to take away this other one...

What am I going to do now with over $60 worth of Universal TV Remote software? Was is that difficult for them to keep IrDA in there? :)

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,222 posts
The demise of IR has been coming a LONG time, and I would say is generally accepted. This is the least compromising device HTC have ever produced TBH :)

P @ Orlando

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Posted Image

Webreaper

Webreaper

Addict

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S3

What am I going to do now with over $60 worth of Universal TV Remote software?

Erm, use the r/c that came with your telly/video/dvd player/stereo? Then at least you won't have to stand within 2m of the device to use it, too. :)

kapot

kapot

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Paul,

Enjoy your holiday :)

Are you posting while on holiday?

:P

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,222 posts
Yes I am, sad I know :)

P

Posted Image

RSkillz

RSkillz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Devices:HTC P4350, HTC S710, Qtek 8310
This looks like an incredible device when I look at the specs, but the design...it's just...ugly... :)

(yup, my personal opinion)

[GUIDE] Encode HQ Movies For QVGA Devices

iPaq 3640, Qtek 8310, iPaq rx3715, Qtek S200, HTC P4350, HTC S710, HTC 3700

shanedean

shanedean

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Not sure that it will be much of a step forward from my M3100 apart from GPS built in. Ok, camera seems better but not sure about the tilting screen. Does it take a bit of force to move into it's 'elevated' position or will it just flop about over time? I'm already running WM6 and yes it would be nice to have an official version of it, although from what I understand it will be a bit of a step back from the Black Majik OS I'm currently using.

Why can't HTC come up with a device that has GPS, DAB radio (or FM, though ones in the past on Mobiles have been bit poor), VGA screen etc? As a previous poster stated, it always seems to be a compromise :)

Edited by shanedean, 04 July 2007 - 09:38 AM.

Webreaper

Webreaper

Addict

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S3

Why can't HTC come up with a device that has GPS, DAB radio (or FM, though ones in the past on Mobiles have been bit poor), VGA screen etc? As a previous poster stated, it always seems to be a compromise :)

LOL. A mobile device will always be a compromise, it's a question of which compromise you choose. E.g., I could upgrade my Wizard to an Artemis, but although that would give me GPS, it has no keyboard. For some that may not be an issue - for me it is.

The 3100 is a great device, if you don't need/want GPS. But the Kaiser has it all - GPS, fast CPU, lots of storage, 3G, USB2, etc, etc.

People will always complain. What you have to think about is not whether a device has it all, but whether it's got enough, and the things you want, for the battery life, weight, form-factor and price you're willing to pay.

rickyburke

rickyburke

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario III

I'm torn between the Kaiser and this http://www.clubimate...ate/ult7150.htm
yes it doesnt have GPS, but ive never used or had need to use GPS.

I've been using a Universal for so long now that I dont know if i could give up the VGA screen.

xxnoelziexx

xxnoelziexx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Kaisers Tilt is really good, slider is very solid doesn't wobble like the VOX one of the features I hated about that smartphone and still do. I have given up on a vga screen in the size and form factor long ago. It is hard to get the balance i.e battery, cpu and size. For me I am very happy with the screen on the Kaiser since leaving me Universal I haven't looked back.

Nexus 5
Moto G

mikeeey

mikeeey

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts
  • Devices:Nokia n82 (hacked)

Kaisers Tilt is really good, slider is very solid doesn't wobble like the VOX one of the features I hated about that smartphone and still do. I have given up on a vga screen in the size and form factor long ago. It is hard to get the balance i.e battery, cpu and size. For me I am very happy with the screen on the Kaiser since leaving me Universal I haven't looked back.

i dont like VGA cuz its big, takes up more cpu power, and battery power. i wish they could fit the VGA resolution to the size of QVGA screens, kind of like how they fit QVGA from pocket pc's to the size of smartphone's screens.

my signature is too long

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users