Keys "sticking" while typing

Guest shockman

Guest shockman

Hi,

I have a problem of the keys occasionally "sticking" while I type an e-mail or text message. By "sticking", I mean that upon the completion on a word (for example: motorcycle), the "e" key will get stuck and keep on typing the letter so that my word will become "motorcycleeeeeeeeeeeeee" until I am quick enough to hit another key to stop it. This happens occasionally, but it annoying nonetheless. My S620 is unlocked and a few months old. I have never dropped it nor has anything ever been spilled on it. I am wondering if this is a software issue and if anybody else has encountered this problem before and would know how to remedy it.

Thank you.

Guest spacerace

it's of absolutely no help to you (sorry) but yes I had exactly this problem. very sporadic and I never could determine if it was triggered by anything specific. in the end I got used to being 'ready' for it and pressing another key very quickly!

Guest rope
By "sticking", I mean that upon the completion on a word (for example: motorcycle), the "e" key will get stuck and keep on typing the letter so that my word will become "motorcycleeeeeeeeeeeeee" until I am quick enough to hit another key to stop it.

What ROM do you run? T-Mobile Dash WM5/6?

You say it's only when you complete a word - this means you run a ROM with xT9 text prediction or similar, otherwise the phone won't know when a word ends.

This indicates in my opinion that it's SW related.

I haven't seen this on my S620 (WM5 nearly 100% HTC ROM with no text prediction at all) so far for the last six month.

Guest shockman

I run HTC ROM without text prediction. To be more accurate, it isn't only at the completion of a word, but mostly happens upon completion as I am usualy too fast a typer to allow the glitch to occur mid-word. I have encountered the problem if I happened to pause in the middle of typing (like trying to recall correct spelling).