• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

shockman

shockman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I have a problem of the keys occasionally "sticking" while I type an e-mail or text message. By "sticking", I mean that upon the completion on a word (for example: motorcycle), the "e" key will get stuck and keep on typing the letter so that my word will become "motorcycleeeeeeeeeeeeee" until I am quick enough to hit another key to stop it. This happens occasionally, but it annoying nonetheless. My S620 is unlocked and a few months old. I have never dropped it nor has anything ever been spilled on it. I am wondering if this is a software issue and if anybody else has encountered this problem before and would know how to remedy it.

Thank you.

spacerace

spacerace

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Devices:iphone
  • Twitter:@robgordon
it's of absolutely no help to you (sorry) but yes I had exactly this problem. very sporadic and I never could determine if it was triggered by anything specific. in the end I got used to being 'ready' for it and pressing another key very quickly!

rope

rope

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:O2 XDA Cosmo (=Excalibur)

By "sticking", I mean that upon the completion on a word (for example: motorcycle), the "e" key will get stuck and keep on typing the letter so that my word will become "motorcycleeeeeeeeeeeeee" until I am quick enough to hit another key to stop it.

What ROM do you run? T-Mobile Dash WM5/6?
You say it's only when you complete a word - this means you run a ROM with xT9 text prediction or similar, otherwise the phone won't know when a word ends.
This indicates in my opinion that it's SW related.
I haven't seen this on my S620 (WM5 nearly 100% HTC ROM with no text prediction at all) so far for the last six month.

shockman

shockman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I run HTC ROM without text prediction. To be more accurate, it isn't only at the completion of a word, but mostly happens upon completion as I am usualy too fast a typer to allow the glitch to occur mid-word. I have encountered the problem if I happened to pause in the middle of typing (like trying to recall correct spelling).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users