Xda mini s not picked up

Guest adzisfat

Guest adzisfat

Hi, i have an xda mini s and when i plug it in via USB, its not detected at all. I have tried hard resetting it, that didnt work, i have tried re installing active sync and that didnt work!! i hav also tried wm5storage to see if that would work, but nothing and tried a different usb cable. I have a vague feeling it may be something to do with the mini usb port but i'm not 100% sure. All it does when i plug it in to the usb port is charge. please can someone help me!!

adam.

Guest frogbat
Can anyone help me??? please!!!

I do not know if this is your problem but I had a similar thing on mine and it was to do with the firewall, in my case Zone Alarm which I disabled and then it worked. You could also try different usb ports on your computer, if the phone is charging it is unlikely to be the mini usb port. If possible try on another computer.

Guest xeno1

The same thing happened to me a long time ago and I switched usb ports and have never had a problem since. If that doesn't work though, try a different computer like frogbat said. If it still doesn't work then it's either your usb port on your phone or the cable.

Guest adzisfat

The same thing happened to me a long time ago and I switched usb ports and have never had a problem since. If that doesn't work though, try a different computer like frogbat said. If it still doesn't work then it's either your usb port on your phone or the cable.

Just wondering, how did you de-solder the usb port which is on the phone?

Guest xeno1

I switched USB ports on my computer, not on my phone. I just switched it from one USB port to another another one and it started working again. I still haven't quite figured that one out yet, everything else I connect to that port still works fine except my phone.

Guest adzisfat

It's all okay now, I managed to de-solder the broken one and solder on one which I took from my old spv c500. Works really well :)

thanks, adam.