Dead M700 and M600

Guest graemem

Guest graemem

Hi,

My wife keeps killing Orange M600s, it looks like she lets the battery go so flat the phone will not recharge them. The charger has been tested and it will charge a couple of Motorolas so it looks alight.

She has just killer her third unit and I lent her my 3 month old M700, guess what, she's done the same to that. The battery was not quite dead, the phone would just about boot up before shutting itself down again.

The usual symptoms are the the phone is dead, no light come up when plugged into a wall or car charger, or into a PC with a usb lead.

If I can't fix this its going to be embarasing to have to go to Orange with two dead phones with the same symptoms at the same time, but I can't figure out what she is doing to kill the phones.

All the phones had their original battery.

Edited by graemem

Guest mavisdavis
Hi,

My wife keeps killing Orange M600s, it looks like she lets the battery go so flat the phone will not recharge them. The charger has been tested and it will charge a couple of Motorolas so it looks alight.

She has just killer her third unit and I lent her my 3 month old M700, guess what, she's done the same to that. The battery was not quite dead, the phone would just about boot up before shutting itself down again.

The usual symptoms are the the phone is dead, no light come up when plugged into a wall or car charger, or into a PC with a usb lead.

If I can't fix this its going to be embarasing to have to go to Orange with two dead phones with the same symptoms at the same time, but I can't figure out what she is doing to kill the phones.

All the phones had their original battery.

Try plugging them in and booting up the phone a couple of times, Ive had this with both the M600 And my O2 Orbit. use the wall charger tho as the USB and Car charger just trickle charges them. Hope this helps, Oh buy ya wife a Nokia ;-)

Guest Mysterious Stranger

Moto's mini USB charger is NOT wired the same as HTC's. If your wife has been using the moto chargers instead she may have burnt a fusable resistor in the units designed to stop shorting out.

For example, my moto Q will not charge from a HTC charger but lights up to show there is current provided - HTC ground pins 4 and 5 together in the mains chargers - but the mini USB -> USB cables are always wired the same.

M.S

Guest graemem
Moto's mini USB charger is NOT wired the same as HTC's. If your wife has been using the moto chargers instead she may have burnt a fusable resistor in the units designed to stop shorting out.

For example, my moto Q will not charge from a HTC charger but lights up to show there is current provided - HTC ground pins 4 and 5 together in the mains chargers - but the mini USB -> USB cables are always wired the same.

M.S

The charger I am using is the original supplied with the M700, I tested it with a couple of Motorola's just to make sure it was working. My wife does have a habit of misplacing her charger so you may have spotted what's killing the phones. If the fuse is in the phone I can't fix it, there still under warrentee.

Guest Mysterious Stranger
The charger I am using is the original supplied with the M700, I tested it with a couple of Motorola's just to make sure it was working. My wife does have a habit of misplacing her charger so you may have spotted what's killing the phones. If the fuse is in the phone I can't fix it, there still under warrentee.

Just take them to different shops or send them back to HTC directly ;-)

M.S