Problem with main/ car charging of XDA II

Guest msu

Hello,

I recently acquired an XDA 2 with broken terminal. I soldered a new terminal to it. It is synchronizing fine and charging from on synchronizing cradle through USB but it is not charging from main or car charger. Apparently all solders are OK and pinout are as they should be. Pins 20, 21, 22 are showing connectivity among themselves and to positive terminal of standard charger. Pins 16, 17 and 18 showing connectivity among themselves and to ground (and negative terminal of charger adaptor). Pin 2 is not conncted to ground (as suggested by some sites).

I used more than one chargers and checked voltage (my main charger gives approx. 5.25V and charges spare battery in the cradle without any problem). Everything seems OK.

Any idea where the problem may be? And how to rectify it?

As a temporary solution to my problem I am thinking of rewiring one of my two car chargers so that they can charge the XDA II as if it is connected to computer's USB.

What alteration should I do or simply what wires should I connect to pins (which pins?) to make such charger?

Shall appreciate assistance.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Guest utak3r
I recently acquired an XDA 2 with broken terminal. I soldered a new terminal to it. It is synchronizing fine and charging from on synchronizing cradle through USB but it is not charging from main or car charger. Apparently all solders are OK and pinout are as they should be. Pins 20, 21, 22 are showing connectivity among themselves and to positive terminal of standard charger. Pins 16, 17 and 18 showing connectivity among themselves and to ground (and negative terminal of charger adaptor). Pin 2 is not conncted to ground (as suggested by some sites).

As a temporary solution to my problem I am thinking of rewiring one of my two car chargers so that they can charge the XDA II as if it is connected to computer's USB.

What alteration should I do or simply what wires should I connect to pins (which pins?) to make such charger?

As I'm wiring my Hima, in addition to those above pins, I'm connecting pin 13 to Vcc+ - and it works ok on my device ;)

cheers