Text entry problem with S630 - 620 also?

Guest dwhitney

Guest dwhitney

I've recently tried Microsoft's search for mobile app (very nice by the way) as well as Yahoo's new Go for mobile service. Problem that I am encountering in both applications is that on the S630 (haven't tried it on a 620 though) is that when you go to enter text into one of the fields (like user id in Yahoo Go or the search field in MSN) the device won't let you enter text keys that are also numbers on the keyboard (ie,- e-r-t, d-f-g, c-v-:). If you try and type a D for example, it just beeps at you. This only occurs on the keys that also have numbers on them. It would seem that the field is expecting text but the WM6 OS is trying to enter numbers instead and the app is puking on it (ie,- how WM tries to be smart about what type of data goes in a field and automatically switches between numbers/letters for you).

Anyone else see this problem or know what I am doing wrong?

I have tried to switch input modes but that doesn't seem to change anything.

• 2 months later...
Guest Xslider

I have exactly the same problem with my HTC S630 "Cavalier", with Windows Mobile 6 Standart, and can't type my login and password in Yahoo Go 2.

There seems to be a problem with character mapping that is afecting many applications.

Poeple are reporting this bug in a Microsoft MSDN forum here

Does anyone else is having the same problem here? and is there a workaround?

We should inform HTC and/or Microsoft so they work on a fix.

I've recently tried Microsoft's search for mobile app (very nice by the way) as well as Yahoo's new Go for mobile service. Problem that I am encountering in both applications is that on the S630 (haven't tried it on a 620 though) is that when you go to enter text into one of the fields (like user id in Yahoo Go or the search field in MSN) the device won't let you enter text keys that are also numbers on the keyboard (ie,- e-r-t, d-f-g, c-v- ;) . If you try and type a D for example, it just beeps at you. This only occurs on the keys that also have numbers on them. It would seem that the field is expecting text but the WM6 OS is trying to enter numbers instead and the app is puking on it (ie,- how WM tries to be smart about what type of data goes in a field and automatically switches between numbers/letters for you).

Anyone else see this problem or know what I am doing wrong?

I have tried to switch input modes but that doesn't seem to change anything.

• 2 months later...
Guest razmo78

I am having the same problem. It seems the laft side of the keyboard isnt mapped properly.

Anyone out there know what is going on?

I have exactly the same problem with my HTC S630 "Cavalier", with Windows Mobile 6 Standart, and can't type my login and password in Yahoo Go 2.

There seems to be a problem with character mapping that is afecting many applications.

Poeple are reporting this bug in a Microsoft MSDN forum here

Does anyone else is having the same problem here? and is there a workaround?

We should inform HTC and/or Microsoft so they work on a fix.