Hi everyone! Noob with an intro and question.

Guest SaiyanDide

Guest SaiyanDide

Hi everyone I am a noob when it comes to smart phones and Windows mobile, actually I never used one yet. However I am getting one Wednesday I renewed my contract with T Mobile and am getting a Dash. I have spent the better part of 2 days reading the forums here and I belive I got a good understanding of what I would need to do to app unlock my phone however I am not sure which is best to use with the Dash with WM6 on it. Seems to be some mixed results some probably user error Im sure. My question is there a guide faq or walk through with instructions for unlocking and giving a noobie some useful general knowledge? I am about to check out the wiki section of the site so I might find some more useful information there. From what I can tell so far this is an awesome site and think I will be an active and hopefuly helpful member. :)

Guest greenturtle

Hello welcome to the forum :)

Nice intro, and firstly I must say that you've made a very good start by reading and researching before you post! Which is just ace.

I wrote a guide once about application unlocking and although it does say for the C550 it should still work on the Dash.

Please do not follow the SIM unlock the procedure as this will not work on your phone! Once you are done please sync your dash with the active sync use the SDA Unlocker I have attached to further unlock your device!

Enjoy.

http://www.modaco.com/Decert-Unlock-Guide-t236864.html

SDA_ApplicationUnlock.exe

Edited by greenturtle

Guest SaiyanDide

Wow thanks!! That was very helpful. I think I burnt my brain out reading everything today. Funny I don't even have the darn thing yet and Im already working on becomming an expert. :P :) Again thank you for the help.