HTC TyTN WM6 ROM released by HTC Europe

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Finally... it's here... the Windows Mobile 6 ROMs for the HTC TyTN (Hermes) have been posted by HTC Europe!

The official statement...

31/07/07 - Windows Mobile® 6 upgrade for HTC TyTN

HTC has made a Windows Mobile 6® OS upgrade available for users of the popular HTC TyTN device.

The TyTN becomes the first HTC device to get the upgrade, with the HTC P3300, S620 and Advantage also scheduled to receive the upgrade from August.

HTC TyTN users can download the Windows Mobile® 6 upgrade exclusively from the “My Downloads” section of HTC eClub.

Registration to HTC eClub is easy and completely free… so if you aren’t already a member, sign up today to keep in touch with a range of benefits.

The following files are available immediately by logging into the HTC e-club...

Enjoy :)

P

Guest jim.mason
Finally... it's here... the Windows Mobile 6 ROMs for the HTC TyTN (Hermes) have been posted by HTC Europe!

P

I take it that this will only update HTC only units and not network branded ones???

Cheers

Jim

Guest finisterre

Right! Well I've never flashed my Vario II before, but I've been waiting for this. Better start reading up on how to do it safely!

Guest BrownSource

I have an unadulterated vario 2 and am also wondering about the merits of upgrading to WM6 - I recall seeing a post a while back about safely backing up an original ROM. I'm guessing this would be useful tutorial before trying to upgrade the device?

Am I right too in assuming warranty voided if upgraded?

thx

Guest sketchmasterx

Anyone tried this on a vista PC? I get something like a "error (254) cant get connect to device", even though the device is sync'ed and gone into that weird mode ready to be flashed.

Guest sketchmasterx

Ok so resetting the phone after the initial connect seem to solve the first problem, now when it starts to install the image i get Error 260 connection failed.

Guest sameerabedi

P

Does that include the SPV M3100? Can I apply this update to my SPV M3100??

Thanks

Guest finisterre
This is for HTC TYTN DEVICES ONLY.

P

My Vario II is SUPERCID ever since I SIM unlocked it. I thought that meant I could install any Hermes ROM on it?

Guest Rob.P

^ If you've SUPERCID'd your device it should still be true that you can install this ROM (I'll find that out myself later when I get home), I think Paul's message was to the average users who aren't interested in mucking about with their ROMS and want only official upgrades.

Edited by Rob.P

Guest KingRizzo
My Vario II is SUPERCID ever since I SIM unlocked it. I thought that meant I could install any Hermes ROM on it?

You can update with this ROM but all of your settings for mms and what have you will be cleared away with HTC's own settings

BE PREPARED

I have a Vario II and I aint taking no chances until I get the official T-Mobile upgrade which ive been waiting on for more than 6 months!

Guest finisterre
You can update with this ROM but all of your settings for mms and what have you will be cleared away with HTC's own settings

BE PREPARED

I have a Vario II and I aint taking no chances until I get the official T-Mobile upgrade which ive been waiting on for more than 6 months!

I think there's a CAB file somewhere that adds all the T-Mob settings back in for you.

Guest sketchmasterx

Ah that sucks i thought a HTC firmware would just work, starting to regret buying something thats branded by someone else! (m3100) Is it worth doing this SIM unlock thing? (Do you like the way i now what im talking about!)

Guest jim.mason
You might be waiting for ever for that one...

P

I agree, why would they bother upgrading the Vario II when the III is imminent (well hopefully so :) )

Cheers

Jim

Guest KingRizzo
You might be waiting for ever for that one...

P

tell me about it my dude, but i really aint too fussy over what OS i have installed

Can't till my contract runs out then i can get the Vario III, i see u already have the Kaiser u lucky person

Edited by KingRizzo

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.