HTC TyTN WM6 ROM released by HTC Europe

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest florincostescu
I kept getting this issue yesterday on my Vario II. Did the unlocking deinfetly work? I found it took several goes and a bit of messing about to get it going. I think what happened was that the instructions for the unlock wasn't clear and at one point where the programme it runs says create an active sync connection after you've booted up with the tri-colour screen, you don't actually do that, just check the check box and proceed and I think that worked.

Then when I did the ROM update I did the same process again with the tri-colour boot before running it and that got it working. I hope that makes sense. Keep trying and I'm sure you'll manage it. The unlock programme seems slightly hit and miss.

Rob.

Thanks Rob but guess what...after not sleeping the whole night doing all the tricks in the world, I've got the same ERROR 260. In the end i've downloaded the ROM again and it worked fine...

Guest Zahid
the first link on the http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?p...s_provider_cabs does not work. :P

It links to a htc.com page that is not there.

It looks like HTC have removed the UK operator settings file from their website.

Luckily I saved the file to my hard drive a couple of weeks ago.

I've uploaded it on this page:

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?p...s_provider_cabs

The direct link: http://wiki.xda-developers.com/uploads/UK_Setup_ZD.exe

You need activesync running on your PC and the device connected. When you run the cab you can select from Orange, Voda, 02, T-Mobile, Virgin, or 3:

:)

Edited by Zahid

Guest Gerald.D
It looks like HTC have removed the UK operator settings file from their website.

You need activesync running on your PC and the device connected. When you run the cab you can select from Orange, Voda, 02, T-Mobile, Virgin, or 3:

Nice one Zahid. Cheers!

Guest finisterre

I used this, and it configured an undeletable HTTP proxy for T-Mobile which I never had before on my Vario II.

Is this a new thing T-Mobile are enforcing? Seems strange to hardcode the IP address of a proxy server. What if it changes in the future.

Edited by finisterre

Guest jchamier
I used this, and it configured an undeletable HTTP proxy for T-Mobile which I never had before on my Vario II.

Is this a new thing T-Mobile are enforcing? Seems strange to hardcode the IP address of a proxy server. What if it changes in the future.

Well if any network admins want to force a proxy they can, in the network. However the forced proxy on your device is a gotcha of the HTC configurator, I just set mine up by hand. Google "T-mobile settings" and you find them. You have to do some manual steps though if you use MMS, that's something I don't need.

Guest chipie

HELP, I'm having problems updating to WM6. I'm using the latest version of ActiveSync, but as soon as I start the update it drops the connection to my M3100 and aborts. Any ideas?

error.jpg

Guest redwoodsnemesis
HELP, I'm having problems updating to WM6. I'm using the latest version of ActiveSync, but as soon as I start the update it drops the connection to my M3100 and aborts. Any ideas?

Hi

I had the same issue. I solved it by connecting the phone prior to starting the update wizard. This makes the phone go into a mode where the screen is has four colour bars with some version text written on them.

The wizard cannot detect the rom version - and active sync cannot detect the device. But it works.

/redwoods

Hey guys

The update got to 1% and gave a mssg that says incompatible vendor. Now Im a noob so Im thinking I need to wait for tmobile to issue there windows mobile 6 update for the vario 2 ?

Hey let me know if Im wrong and if any of guys have managed to update the vario 2 it would be great to hear from you

Also here is the screen shot of the error message!

20070808091936yb1.th.jpg

oh yeah and i used HTC_TyTN_WWE_3.54.255.3_6275_1.48.00.10_108.exe

to update

cheers

G

Edited by G__

Guest florincostescu
HI all

I have upgraded my SPV 3100 using one of the roms that you can find out there and there was no problem if you do a search for Mrvanx he provides all the info you need

I cannot access the Orange video straming service anymore after upgrading the m3100. It says it doesn't recognize my phone...is there a way to restore the service back? All wap operator settings are in place but still no solution since.

UPDATE: I have now also video streaming from Orange by modifying reg in security/user agent. It recognize me now as a m3100 and not a tytn anymore.

Edited by florincostescu

Guest hotphil

Because the network operators don't (yet) want to. I'd hazard a guess that one of their main concerns has to be support - imagine the confusion on their helpdesks, multiple OS versions on the same model handset....

Guest chipie

After upgrading to WM6 on my Orange SPV M3100 the touch screen seems only to work sometimes. Even after aligning it again and again, many times it doesn't work. Is anyone else experiencingthis problem and does anyone have a solution?

Guest Paul L

Can anyone find a copy of HardSPL v7 anywhere on the web? It seems like there has been a mass conspiracy in the last couple of days to stop all hermes hacking.

MrVanx's site no longer lets you download it, and any page on here or XDA developers that used to refer to it now doesnt exist!!

Anyone have a copy I can have? or point me to a link that works?

Cheers lads

Paul.

Guest florincostescu
After upgrading to WM6 on my Orange SPV M3100 the touch screen seems only to work sometimes. Even after aligning it again and again, many times it doesn't work. Is anyone else experiencingthis problem and does anyone have a solution?

no pb with the screen on my m3100 but the qwerty goes chaotic when typing sms during a voice call.

PAUL IS THERE A WAY TO FIX THESE DEVIATIONS OR CAN WE HIGHLIGHT THEM TO ROM DEVELOPERS?

Guest wobblebobble

Has anyone else had problems with direct push working after the upgrade to wm6? I have a vario II which I've SuperCID'd and run the upgrade successfully and when it was running wm5 direct push worked great but since the upgrade to wm6 direct push no longer works. Active Sync works when run manually/scheduled but push is not working. Any thoughts would be appreciated

Cheers,

Rob

Guest wobblebobble

Just a quick update for anyone with the same problem. After running the update to wm6 I ran UK_Setup_ZD.exe and selected t-mobile to put the settings in. Turns out that for some people this does not work properly; see http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/in...p/t-297781.html. As a result ran a hard reset and then setup the 3G/GPRS stuff manually using the settings at http://www.mphone.co.uk/mms_wap_settings_t_mobile.html and it all works perfect now.

Hope this is some use to others

Rob

Guest chipie

Well I've gone and done it now. My M3100 is stuck on the align screen. Even if I hard reset and tap the screen 5 times to align, the align just starts over. Is there any way I can just take the phone back to WM5? Whatever I do the phone will not communicate with a PC. I'm using the latest active sync but it just won't see the phone....HELP!!!

Guest argonaught

Hi everyone

Thanks for all your advice on here. I've successfully upgraded my Orange SPV M3100 to WM6, including the Orange CAB. One thing though - when I click on the Phone Status icon on the Today screen (the signal strength meter) it now says UMTS Orange whereas it used to say 3G Orange. Have I opened the phone up to higher speed data? :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Loconinja

I currently have Black Majik on my T-Mobile Vario II. I'm very happy and have had no problems with it whatsoever. Is their any point in my re-flashing to the official HTC WM6? Has anyone gone from Black Majik/Satin to HTC WM6? Comments?

Thanks!

P.S. UMTS IS 3G.

Guest ErGueVitox
Right! Well I've never flashed my Vario II before, but I've been waiting for this. Better start reading up on how to do it safely!

Hi,

I have a HERM300 or T-Mobile Vario II, is possible update to windows 6?

I tried to download from the link in the blog but I can't access. I don't have username or password.

Could you please advice?

Cheers,

Emiddio

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sakshamkatyal

Hi friends if I upgrade my SPV 3100 to WM6 will I be able to get rid of my Orange operator settings..Actually I am using an unlocked Orange SPV 3100 in india & want to use its front camera..would that be possible after upgrading it to WM6

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.