Kaiser on Orange

Guest porkpie

Should've pushed harder, I got 1gb offpeak data, 500 anytime minutes, unlimited texts and a free tytn II for £20 a month!

I have only a 12 month contract with the ability to upgrade 3 months before the end my contract. I guess I have the whole weekend to think about it... ;)

Guest bomberh

Posted this on the "I've got my TYTN II on Orange...." thread

"OK you lucky lot where and how did you get them??? Every Orange shop around here (Hitchin) doesn't have them. I was told only the top 100 stores have them and that the nearest (Watford) doesn't have them..GRRRRRR ;)

Have a nice day now..."

I want one but... I want to hold in my hands before buying.. suggestion where I got an orange branded TYTN II... don't especially want to shift network: Orange insurance too good!! and therefore don't want a sim free device as it won't be covered by the orange insurance (or will it??)

Comments please

Guest jimbouk

I got the last one from Richmond, SW London, but most O shops apparently have dummies... (I mean handsets - not the staff).

I am sure the business stores will be getting new stock again next week.

Guest concise

this might be a stupid question but - do i have to be past the last month of my contract to be eligible to speak to retentions? ie. in the 19th month of my 18 month contract?

Guest jimbouk

Last three months is the norm...

I wasn't so... bought one from an O shop for £89.99 (but got £100 credit for an old samsung d900 I had in the drawer)

Guest Unknownone
this might be a stupid question but - do i have to be past the last month of my contract to be eligible to speak to retentions? ie. in the 19th month of my 18 month contract?

Silly, if you were in the 19th month you'd be OUT of the contract!

Guest ChrisW72

Update: I was the one who had a demo booked for today a couple of weeks back, and to be honest seeing as I have now seen a dummy in a local O shop I was fairly confident I was going to see someone this morning - well no-one turned up.

What a waste of time.

Guest Sten2005

I was going to ask you how thay matched Web'n'Walk.

Ah well, see if they launch the competitive data bundles in November.

I got Kaisers from Retentions, and some free data too - enough to manage with for now but I'd prefer to see unlimited or 1gb+ packages at T-Mobile prices.

Guest amshowman

I just called Orange to find out how much it would be to upgrade to the Tytn II and they told me that they're actually out of stock now and I can't back order one... If anyone knows when they're getting more in then please let me know as Orange CS weren't able to tell me!

Guest Chrissssssss

I just rang Orange to cancel my contract. Wasn't happy with the deal they wanted to do, especially as it didn't include the 1GB data package I will get from T-Mobile. Shame though because he said I had quite a lot of loyalty with them and the handset was free.

Guest Confucious
I just rang Orange to cancel my contract. Wasn't happy with the deal they wanted to do, especially as it didn't include the 1GB data package I will get from T-Mobile. Shame though because he said I had quite a lot of loyalty with them and the handset was free.

I know O have said it before and failed to deliver, but aren't they supposed to be delivering new data packages in Nov?

if you hve that much loyalty why not wait a month and see what happens?

Guest Chrissssssss

Because I am impatient and I want it now ;)

I'm happy with the deals TMob do and for £2 more than Orange wanted (without data) I get the data and just slightly less minutes/texts, although probably pay a bit for the handset.

Edited by Chrissssssss

Guest daveyboyuk
I just called Orange to find out how much it would be to upgrade to the Tytn II and they told me that they're actually out of stock now and I can't back order one... If anyone knows when they're getting more in then please let me know as Orange CS weren't able to tell me!

i rang orange retensions today and got the following deal 12 month contract, 300mins voice, 600txt (1st 6months then down to 500txt) + 30MB data package for £38 first 6th then upto £43 for second 6 months phone for free! . Unfortunately the phone is out of stock they told me they normally recieve stock every couple of days or so and they will txt me when my phone is ready to ship.

i have seen both handsets in the flesh and i slightly prefer the vario think the silver looks good and will be easier to preserve,. I spoke to guy in a t-mobile shop he quoted me for flex35+webnwalk 12 month contract £160 or £10 for an 18 month contract. Not prepared to get an 18 month contract and i think the hard sell with them these days is a bit much. So happy with my deal. Lets hope for orange customers they upgrade the data services soon!

Because I am impatient and I want it now ;)

I'm happy with the deals TMob do and for £2 more than Orange wanted (without data) I get the data and just slightly less minutes/texts, although probably pay a bit for the handset.

If you had a lot of loyalty I'm sure O could of cut your monthly spend. I was given £15 off my bill every month for the entire period of the contract. Enough to put TMob flex packages to shame. Just be cheeky and ask for it.

This is what TMob offered me as a new customer -

Flex 35 for £30 + WnW = £37.50 p/m

Handset = £149.99

12 Months

Orange with around 10 years of loyalty offered -

500 Mins and 500 Txts and 30Mb Data = £38 p/m

Loyalty = -£15 p/m

TyTn II Handset = FREE

12 Months

The numbers speak for themselves. I'm pretty certain O will roll out some new data plans, they are always changing the packages.

18 month. I have been with orange for 3 years previously, so I suspect I had a lot of loyalty? Not sure how it works but all I asked was what he could do me on texts and data, and he came up with those figure, so I bit his hand off.

I get another 40% off because I work for geek squad, who are in association with carphone warehouse too ;)

manage to call orange ..retentions, told them i wanted to send the phone back. They now offered me 900 minutes anytime+free landline call+free insurance + 150 text (Racoon 35 ish) for £30.00 on a 18 an month contract. I still want more . wish I had a data bundle though.

I am also currently testing my old HTC universal (m5000) with a T-mobile P&G sim card for £1 a day unlimited data, the T-MOBILE reception is pants. :(

Guest Confucious
If you had a lot of loyalty I'm sure O could of cut your monthly spend. I was given £15 off my bill every month for the entire period of the contract. Enough to put TMob flex packages to shame. Just be cheeky and ask for it.

T gave me £15 off mine - and I allready had 25% off - and T have decent data prices!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest amshowman

I've just got a great deal from Orange (I have been with them for over 8 years, was out of contract and spend on average over £60 / month though)...

I rang and said I want to leave, they put me through to retentions. I said I'd seen Flext 30 + web'n'walk (18 months) (450 mins / 900 text plus unlimited data) for £32.50 a month...

They offered me 550 minutes + 200 texts + 30MB Data for £23 / month with a free Kaiser II! (18 month contract)

I can see that some people would need more data if they use it on their laptop etc but I've got a 3 USB modem for £15 / month which gives me 3GB a month (and is excellent).