Are you keeping it or returning it?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest michehrlich
Bet vote now, bet vote now!

:P

P

I tried to vote "I'm keeping it, i'm happy with it!" and it told me I hadn't made a poll choice and that I needed to choose one of the radio buttons. Hmm, guess it didn't agree with me :)

Guest david_g
I altered your vote then, odd!

P

It's gone back to Expansys but would consider re-buying it if the keyboard gets sorted. I have a Motorola Q9 coming tomorrow from Expansys which doesnt have touchscreen so not ideal but closest thing i can see to a working 503G for now. Will def watch this thread for updates.

Kind regards

David

Guest michehrlich
with all these issues.....

.....has anyone considered the treo 750 as an alternative .... i realise the treo does not have hsdpa nor wifi

Yes, I've thought about the 750v as an alternative. It has several counts against it, however. Here they are, the first of which you've already mentioned:

- no hsdpa

- a crippled screen (240 x 240)

- WM5 instead of WM6

- proprietary connector instead of USB

- slower processor

I don't consider wifi to be that useful in a mobile device (in what situation would it come in handy, and how often would that happen? I cannot imagine ever needing it for anything if I've got hsdpa) and the lack of it wouldn't bother me. But those other items are serious negatives.

I must also say that while the 750v is supposed to be so nicely designed and ergonomic physically, I find its keys much more finicky than the 503G's keys -- all of them, the D-pad, the function keys, and the qwerty keyboard. The 503G is just nice and easy to use. But mostly, it's the only device at the moment that's got the right spec in a candybar qwerty form factor.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest maevro

Well, they said the updated ROM should be out by next week latest so we shall see. If it helps I wil keep it, if not I don't know.

I really wanted this phone to hold me over until the Polaris comes out. I have already used the Kaiser and I hated it, I personally hate slide out keyboards. I am selling my Touch and I sold my 750. Perhaps I can my hands on a P3600i....

• 2 years later...