Photo

WM6 now showing on an O2 Graphite near you!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

Crash Biker

Crash Biker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Xda Graphite
I have a genuine UK Xda Graphite, really like it, and just tried to get the upgrade. I'm told by the web site I don't have a valid serial number on my Xda Orbit or Trion. I also note that having entered my serial number when I hover over "continue" my status bar shows me the data will be sent to member.htc.com. Unlike all the other O2 Xda Windows mobile devices the Graphite is made by ASUS not HTC so there is not much point in the O2 web site trying to validate the serial number with HTC.

I just spent 30minutes on the phone to customer care who were very polite but totally unable to help, I was talking to a very nice chap (I think in India) but trying to explain I was on my PC not my phone, my serial number really doesn't start with HT and yes I do have the right number, that the Graphite is made by ASUS and not HTC just became too hard so I said thanks and withdrew.

My hope was that (a) he might tell someone the website was wrong and (b) he might give me an alternative download location but this clearly wasn't going to happen.

Just fyi

Cheers

Crash

kyrkesmith

kyrkesmith

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 7
It won't take my serial number either, annoyingly. Anyone able to get hold of the update yet?

Mobile telephone history:
Sony CMD-J5 → Sony CMD-Z7 → Orange SPV → Orange SPV E100 → Orange SPV C500 → Orange SPV C600 → O2 Xda Graphite → Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 → Samsung Omnia 7

ollie2001

ollie2001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Won't take my serial number either :) I tried putting in a Orbit one and it lets me download the Orbit software! Damn it!

I've emailed them, so lets see what they say. Funny enough it now says on the product description page that it comes with WM6!!

monkeygadge

monkeygadge

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Devices:Touch Dual
The update file works like a charm!

I had to dual boot Vista with Xp and run the update from there. It takes about 30 minutes to flash the ROM. Final result - Graphite with WM6.

I'll post a 'how to' guide in the Jupiter forum when I get a chance......

SPVE200>>MPX200>>MPX220>>XDA IQ>>XDA Graphite>>Touch Dual

davidjp

davidjp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:O2 XDA Mini s

The XDA web site is now showing you can update the Graphite to WM6. But the website won't accept the serial number of my Graphite (an O2 Graphite from Australia) to allow me to download the WM6 upgrade. Any chance someone who grabs it could host it for us who can't get it, please? :)

I'm having that problem too. Strangley enough, the window that tells you your number is invalid has a HTC web address. Which is strange as HTC don't make the graphite.

monkeygadge

monkeygadge

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Devices:Touch Dual
You guys sure your putting the right number in? Also don't put in the letters at the start, just numbers.

SPVE200>>MPX200>>MPX220>>XDA IQ>>XDA Graphite>>Touch Dual

ollie2001

ollie2001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

You guys sure your putting the right number in? Also don't put in the letters at the start, just numbers.

I don't have letters at the start of mine :)

dragondude

dragondude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:O2 Graphite

I don't have letters at the start of mine :)

Yep, no letters in front of mine, either. And yes, I am using Microsoft IE, as well. Obviously our batch of serial numbers are not on their database, and it's poor customer service if they can't help us or even give us an alternative way to access the upgrade. I guess we'll have to wait until some kind soul makes it available to us.

kyrkesmith

kyrkesmith

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 7

Yep, no letters in front of mine, either. And yes, I am using Microsoft IE, as well. Obviously our batch of serial numbers are not on their database, and it's poor customer service if they can't help us or even give us an alternative way to access the upgrade. I guess we'll have to wait until some kind soul makes it available to us.

Are you using Vista? I am, and haven't had any luck yet.

Mobile telephone history:
Sony CMD-J5 → Sony CMD-Z7 → Orange SPV → Orange SPV E100 → Orange SPV C500 → Orange SPV C600 → O2 Xda Graphite → Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 → Samsung Omnia 7

dragondude

dragondude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Are you using Vista? I am, and haven't had any luck yet.

I'm using XP. I think it's to do with our serial numbers not being on the HTC database.

ollie2001

ollie2001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I'm using XP. I think it's to do with our serial numbers not being on the HTC database.

Which is still baffling as the Graphite isn't a HTC device :)

MonkeyGadge has given me a torrent link http://www.mininova.org/tor/846364 - but he isn't online at the moment to seed it :P

We either need a working serial to download it or someone to upload it to rapidshare or megaupload etc...

dragondude

dragondude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Which is still baffling as the Graphite isn't a HTC device :P

MonkeyGadge has given me a torrent link http://www.mininova.org/tor/846364 - but he isn't online at the moment to seed it ;)

We either need a working serial to download it or someone to upload it to rapidshare or megaupload etc...

Thanks for the torrent. There are already 30 odd people hooked up to it! That's a lot of rejected serial numbers!!! Hopefully we'll be able to upgrade soon... :)

Edited by dragondude, 19 August 2007 - 02:02 PM.

ollie2001

ollie2001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Thanks for the torrent. There are already 30 odd people hooked up to it! That's a lot of rejected serial numbers!!! Hopefully we'll be able to upgrade soon... :P

3 peers connected with 3.8% :)

Come on people! SEED!

dragondude

dragondude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

3 peers connected with 3.8% :)

Come on people! SEED!

As far as we know, monkeygadge is the only one who's seeding at the moment (since he set up the torrent), so we need to patiently wait until he's on again, but yes, it would be nice to see the other two who did manage to get a copy back on again. An alternative would be to host it on rapidshare or megafile... I would be curious though, seeing as I'm Australian and have an Australian O2 Graphite, to see if the WM6 released works on more than just the UK Graphites.

Edited by dragondude, 20 August 2007 - 04:14 AM.

Mancom

Mancom

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 2.2
Hi.

I managed to download the upgrade file with no problem, for uk graphite.

I don`t know is it against rules of this forum by I wil post link to download it

Graphite_Upgrade_Utility_V3.4.0.zip

Short note: Don`t bother with watching on progress bar on your pc, watch it on your device :)

To admin: if this is against the rules, please delete this post.

Mancom

Sammy GT-I8000 >>NXXJG2<<

dragondude

dragondude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Hi.

I don`t know is it against rules of this forum by I wil post link to download it

Short note: Don`t bother with watching on progress bar on your pc, watch it on your device :P

Mancom

Thank you. sir! You are a scholar and a gentleman!!! :)

dragondude

dragondude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Damn! It says my device is not an XDA Graphite! Didn't realise there were more than one flavour of Graphites....!!! Guess I'll have to wait for the Australian O2 version to come out....

jamesdisco

jamesdisco

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:O2 Orbit 2
I'm having the same problems as some of you o2 keeps rejecting my serial no. mine is a uk graphite from o2. just downloaded the update from mancom will let you know if its a success.

ollie2001

ollie2001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hi.

Short note: Don`t bother with watching on progress bar on your pc, watch it on your device ;)

Mancom

Thanks very much! Mine seems to be updating fine at the moment, however there's no display on my Graphite? Just the computer progress bar...quite odd...

I'll report back in a bit. Hard luck Dragondude, lets hope they release an Aussie copy soon :)

EDIT: Update worked like a charm, can't say I notice much difference so far. The GUI looks a bit nicer though :P
Cheers for the effort guys...

Edited by ollie2001, 20 August 2007 - 09:32 AM.

gigmagog

gigmagog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:spv c 500

Hi.

Short note: Don`t bother with watching on progress bar on your pc, watch it on your device :)

Mancom

Many thanks for the download Mancom. will explore it today. By the way will not execute via vista must be xp with active sync 4.5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users