WM6 now showing on an O2 Graphite near you!

Guest mrkipling

Guest monkeygadge

Reply from O2 about Vista compatability:

Good morning,

Thank you for your email.

The reason the download states that it requires Activesync 4.5 is because the Windows Vista operating system has not yet been accredited for use with O2 products. We are currently testing this but cannot confirm a date when a version of Windows Mobile 6 will be available to run through the Windows Mobile Device Center.

Windows Mobile Device Center is basically Activesync for Vista and the ROM will download to Vista through Internet Explorer 7 as this version can be used on XP but we cannot guarantee the update to be successful through the WMDC software.

If you have any further queries please contact us.

Regards,

Adam

1st Line Technical Support

Customer & Service Management

Suite QR, Arlington Business Centre

O2 UK Limited

Looks like only two options - find an Xp PC or Dual boot......

Guest dragondude
Good News O2 finally realised the check link was wrong. Correct one now up to asus site.

http://xdagraphite.asus.com/o2/Graphite_Up...lity_V3.4.0.zip

So is this the same rom that's been available to download for the last couple of days, or have they updated the install utility to take out the checks that stop people from other countries from installing it?

Guest surfichris
So is this the same rom that's been available to download for the last couple of days, or have they updated the install utility to take out the checks that stop people from other countries from installing it?

Still no dice with our version of the Graphite.

Edited by surfichris

Guest uniqlo

is it possible to extract the .abi file and share with us?

i knew, inside the .exe file, it should be an .abi file which is the ROM file.

i think, if I can obtain the .abi file, I may able to help on flashing it to other region's graphite.

Guest surfichris

i think, if I can obtain the .abi file, I may able to help on flashing it to other region's graphite.

You can easily extract the ROM files from the exe. Simply download ResHacker and open the updater up in it. You will see there is a resources category called ROMS - you can extract the contents to files then but you will need to figure out what each of the resources in the section are and their format - I haven't had time to play with this yet though.

Guest Mancom

Just Run the update file, the files you are looking for (two .abi files, rom itself and radio rom), you will find in the same folder where you put update file, but hiden.

Mancom

Guest uniqlo

i've tried reshacker, it seems no ROM category in the file. (at least i cannot find it).

and i've also cannot capture the abi files, since it didn't allow me to go further, as the program checked my graphite, and it isn't an UK version. So, is it possible to share those abi files to me??

Edited by uniqlo

Guest dragondude

Maybe I'm being obtuse here, but why region-lock the WM6 update? Aren't we all Graphite customers? Don't we all deserve to update our Graphites to WM6?

Guest surfichris

That only happens when you get past the install check, I believe.

Anyone who wants the files.. I now have them.

Edited by surfichris

Guest uniqlo
I would advise against it - my Graphite will not turn on now.

sorry to hear that... :)

however, is it possible to share the abi files you had?

i may have a solution if i can have all the abi files...

Guest jasonn

I have successfully managed to download and install WM6 but was rather disappointed to find that O2 have in their wisdom removed Microsoft Office Mobile and replaced it with the ClearVue document viewers which shipped with WM5. :)

This seems a strange course of action - whilst the ClearVue viewers are preferable to not being able read documents - Microsoft Office Mobile would be preferred especially since it provides the ability to edit rather than just view documents.

To confuse matters further if you have a look at the O2 website (http://shop.o2.co.uk/phone/O2/Xda_Graphite) it clearly suggests the phone ships with Word and Excel. <_<

Are there any updates out there which include office mobile rather than the ClearVue viewers?

Guest uniqlo
I have successfully managed to download and install WM6 but was rather disappointed to find that O2 have in their wisdom removed Microsoft Office Mobile and replaced it with the ClearVue document viewers which shipped with WM5. :)

This seems a strange course of action - whilst the ClearVue viewers are preferable to not being able read documents - Microsoft Office Mobile would be preferred especially since it provides the ability to edit rather than just view documents.

To confuse matters further if you have a look at the O2 website (http://shop.o2.co.uk/phone/O2/Xda_Graphite) it clearly suggests the phone ships with Word and Excel. <_<

Are there any updates out there which include office mobile rather than the ClearVue viewers?

i think it's a licensing issue with Asustek and Microsoft.

Asustek didn't include M$ Office in Graphite, so, even if it upgrades Graphite to WM6, Mobile Office will not be included. This happens to Vodafone 1210 as well.

Anyone got the .abi files?? Which can share with me?? I may help to make it work on other regions graphite.

Guest dragondude
The verizon motorola Q9m just got released today

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/c...tedPhoneId=3176

Heres a cool review - http://www.mobileburn.com/gallery.jsp?Id=3490

Holy hijacked thread, Batman! :)

On a more relevant note, I'm sorry to see one casualty occur in the pursuit of WM6 for all Graphite users! Here's hoping the problem will be resolved....

Guest jasonn

Just in case anyone else was suffering the same frustrations ... a little download found through xda-developers solved my woes. I now have office mobile running on my WM6 Graphite :P

how much GBP is this phone brand new?

i won one on ebay for 105gbp but the seller would not respond :@ and hes unregistered and dosnt pick up the phone or answer emails!! erggg...

Guest kyrkesmith
how much GBP is this phone brand new?

i won one on ebay for 105gbp but the seller would not respond :@ and hes unregistered and dosnt pick up the phone or answer emails!! erggg...

I think it's ~£200, but isn't really available without a contract.

Guest souichiro

hi.

This file CRC16(CRC32) was output with Reshack.

Please teach the value of CRC16(or CRC32) of jupiter.abi and Jupiter_SPBL.abi.

my maked file was compear to original file?

Name CRC Bytes

---------------- ---- ----------

jupiter.abi 5E79 69,055,983

Jupiter_SPBL.abi E73C 1,050,880

----------------------------------

Total 2 Files 70,106,863 Bytes

Name CRC32 Bytes

---------------- -------- ----------

jupiter.abi 7B5FF0CF 69,055,983

Jupiter_SPBL.abi 02128DBC 1,050,880

--------------------------------------

Total 2 Files 70,106,863 Bytes

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.