• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

djsioukas

djsioukas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:HTC S710
I have the same problem. It started all of sudden and I really can't find any one reason that causes it. The screen (actually I think it is only the backlight sometimes) just turns off and back on again some time later. I did also notice that the green light by the earpiece now flashes green and then orange, which indicates a low battery...I think. However, the battery is fully charged and the battery status indicator also shows fully charged. I just did a fully reset back to factory and all of the same issues are present...including the green / orange flashing light. I am not using tornado. I was thinking maybe it does have something to do with the battery, but it just happened again with the phone plugged in and charging. I am out of ideas.

djsioukas

djsioukas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:HTC S710
I think I figured it out. It seems to be the battery, which fits with the fact that light by the earpiece was flashing "green" then "amber". I borrowed a battery from a friends S710, swapped it into my phone, and I have not had the problem since. Just as a point of information, my brother's S710 had the infinite boot loop problem where the phone would constantly restart. HTC recommended a new battery and sure enough, it solved his problem as well. I would have never thought that the battery would cause those problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users