Touch switching itself off

Guest thlcr1

Guest thlcr1

Anyone else had a problem with the Touch spontaniously switching itself off? I've had had my Touch for 3 days now and am very pleased with it except it has switched itself off 3 times. Yesteday it was while driving into work with the phone on the passanger seat, then again in the afternoon while in my pocket. This morning it was driving to work with it in my pocket. After the second time yesterday I kept a close eye on it and it was fine untill I switched it off in the evening, including while driving home? I dont think there is any way that the power button got knocked on any of the occasions? Any thoughts or is it a faulty unit.

Guest psionara
Anyone else had a problem with the Touch spontaniously switching itself off? I've had had my Touch for 3 days now and am very pleased with it except it has switched itself off 3 times. Yesteday it was while driving into work with the phone on the passanger seat, then again in the afternoon while in my pocket. This morning it was driving to work with it in my pocket. After the second time yesterday I kept a close eye on it and it was fine untill I switched it off in the evening, including while driving home? I dont think there is any way that the power button got knocked on any of the occasions? Any thoughts or is it a faulty unit.

by "off" do you mean all the way off (so that you have to do a full startup), not a lot of chance of bumping the power button as it has to be held for about 3 seconds and then there is a confirmation message with a YES / NO dialog.

If you mean sleep mode then it does that after x minutes of no activity.

If it turns itself fully off then you should return it to get fixed

Guest thlcr1

Yes I do mean all the way off. However I think I've traced the problem to the SIM not being correctly installed. When I set it up I was expecting the SIM card to click into place like the memory card does. However despite numerous attempts using various methods it just wouldnt click in. I then found that closing the cover held the SIM in and it seemed to be working fine. Forgot all about it untill yesterday, then tested it and found that if you pulled at the card cover with a thumb nail the phone would switch off requiring a reboot. Tried again to install the SIM and eventually got it to click into place. The nack (at least on mine) is to press the card in with the stylus at the right hand edge (phone facing up) just above the cover hinge. Since then no further problems, so hopefully sorted.