UPDATE available in DK!!!

Guest Lojt

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems to be a universal download (rather than Danish specifically) as the program itself is English, as are all the instructions. There's a file which you execute, called CaUpgradeUt.exe, which presumably gets the ROM from NK.nbf and flashes it.

Here's what readme.doc advises:

Trouble Shooting:

• If this upgrade failed and a pop up error message appears, please be careful to read the error message and follow the instructions to recover the error. If you just follow the instructions in the error message and run the utility again, almost all errors that happen in the upgrade process can be recovered.

• Do not do a hard-reset when you encounter an error message, unless you are instructed to do so.

• If an error occurs while upgrading the ROM image( that is, the progress bar appears on both the PC side and device), the error message will instruct you to reset the device and run the utility again. At this moment, you will find that the screen in your device is a progress bar. This is normal, because your Windows CE in device is destroyed. You just follow the instructions and run the utility again, it will be recovered.

• Sometimes, you will find that you failed to upgrade through the USB connection. Please check the device maganger in your PC to see if the USB device works properly. If the USB device fails, please restart your PC and try again.

• Sometimes, you will find that your ActiveSync failed when you finished upgrading. Please just restart your PC again.

• If you still have a  problem upgrading your ROM image, please feel free to contact our service center.

It's dated Dec 24 2002 at the bottom.

Please ensure:

1. The device is fully charged and plugged into a power adapter.

2. The device is attached to the PC either via a cradle, a USB or serial cable, but do not use a USB hub.

3. The device is connected to the PC using activesync.

4. Your personal data on the device is backed up, as the upgrade will erase all data on the device.

From the exe.

I wouldn't recommend that anyone in the UK try the update. If the flashing process stalls for some reason, it's your problem until Orange release a UK update.

;) Hmmm.. I wonder what it's gonna be like when we get a UK version of this stuff. It seems like it's gonna be something along the lines#:

'You first, oh no no, after you - oh please go on! I aint trying this first!! Oh yes you are! Hmmmm...' :roll:

Guest spacemonkey

I'd happily try it first, except I haven't got organised and got myself a big SD Card to back up to...

Oh, and it'll probably turn up while I'm on holiday at the start of feb.

(Yay I'm now an addict)

;)  Hmmm.. I wonder what it's gonna be like when we get a UK version of this stuff. It seems like it's gonna be something along the lines#:

'You first, oh no no, after you - oh please go on! I aint trying this first!! Oh yes you are! Hmmmm...'  :roll:

I've already offered to be the first :lol:

Guest mike-oh

Is this update likely to erase all our personal data then? What a kick in the eras. Will this affect apps that i payed for ie IA-Album (i must've been drunk or somat or wooed by the fact it would play .avi files which it doesn't really)?

I have tried it and it f**k up my phone it's complete frozen stuck in the boot sector so I went to a orange store to get it fixed ,iwill pick it in 1/2 hour so lets se then

[EDIT by awarner] ** watch the language please ;)

The date, dec 24th 2002 seems to be for the actual SmartPhone ROM Upgrade Utility V0.23, not the upgrade itself.

Haven't tried found a way of checking the date in the rom or the rom version yet.

Also if it helps, the file NK.nbf was created/modified on the 24th of Jan.

Guest Larholm

Just upgraded mine, no problems in the process.

But after the upgrade, alle menus are in >Danish<

Checking what else is new aat the moment... will keep you posted.

/Larholm

More info:

The initial language is Danish, therefore you might have some problems finding the right menus to change the language:

Initially, It might ask you for your SIM1 pin, that should be understandable.

After that, go to Programmer -> Flere -> indstillinger -> Flere -> International (something like that, buttons are Programmer -> 9 -> 2 -> 9 -> Second from the top)

From there you can change the UI language/regional settings.

Furthermore, the MMS settings are for the Danish network.

A bit on the upgrade:

So far I have noticed a huge increase in the speed/responsetimes on the phone and 2 new icons/programs

Sound Manager and Picture manager..

It will totally erase the phone, and reflash the rom, thats why you will need to do a hard reset. and BACKUP everything you think you might need.

When upgrading, the phone will reboot into the special debug menu, and start erasing everything, after that it will reflash the prom.

Stay tuned...

Guest The Futures Bright

I just tried the DK update. Worked fine for me, it now has the following details if anyone is interested.

Version 3.0 Build 12255

Radio Version 1.23.00

Operator 1.3.3.22

Manufacturer 1.3.3.22

Microsoft 3.0.12255.0

Language 1.3.3.22

File System 3.0.12255.0

All went smoothly for me and now comes with a picture manager. Woo ! ;)

Oh and signal strength indicator now has 4 bars. Woo ! again :lol: