Car Charger

Guest nsp24

Hi,

I have noticed that the USB connector is a slightly different shape to the one on my old SPV C600 does anyone know if the car charger I used with my old phone is compatible with my Touch? It does fit but I do not want to damage my new toy!

Edited by nsp24

Guest thlcr1

AS far as I'm aware the differnt shaped USB socket is so that you can connect headsets ect as well as the normall USB functions. Standard mini USB plugs do fit and as far as I'm aware are fully compatable in every respect. Havent tried my old car charger yet, but certainly the C600's mains charger works fine and seeing as the charger that came with the Touch looks identical I haven't bothered to get it our of the package. The quoted charge rate for the Touch is 5v 1A wich is excatly the same as the C600. Car chargers are often lower charge rate (say 0.75A) but it dosent seem to make a differnce other than taking longer, and certainly charging at a lower rate wont do any damage. Hope that helps

AS far as I'm aware the differnt shaped USB socket is so that you can connect headsets ect as well as the normall USB functions. Standard mini USB plugs do fit and as far as I'm aware are fully compatable in every respect. Havent tried my old car charger yet, but certainly the C600's mains charger works fine and seeing as the charger that came with the Touch looks identical I haven't bothered to get it our of the package. The quoted charge rate for the Touch is 5v 1A wich is excatly the same as the C600. Car chargers are often lower charge rate (say 0.75A) but it dosent seem to make a differnce other than taking longer, and certainly charging at a lower rate wont do any damage. Hope that helps

Thanks for that you have put my mind at rest ;)