Photo

which WM6 rom is the best? offical HTC or other rewrapped one?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

crazyc

crazyc

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Devices:O2 XDA Serra, SPV M3100

As stated in the other thread TMob have now released the official ROM upgrade and I am currently running the full bloated version. Will reset in a week or so, and see what difference it makes. However I had a quick go on the 3G last night and it seemed abysmally slow, much more like 3G than HSDPA. Any way of telling whether it is using HSDPA? Should I check the registry setting to check its implemented? May have just been the mast I was on since I never normally use 3G at home.

Could load Schaps Advanced config tool and ensure it is all set as on (including both HSDPA and the icon)
Or one of the other tweak programs

Edited by crazyc, 04 December 2007 - 09:35 AM.

----------------------------------
HTC One X due to arrive
Smartphone History:
Vodafone HTC Desire Z
Vodafone UK Touch Pro 2
O2 XDA Serra
O2 XDA Stellar
Orange M3100

Dr Who

Dr Who

Timelord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Could load Schaps Advanced config tool and ensure it is all set as on (including both HSDPA and the icon)
Or one of the other tweak programs

So I should be looking for Schaps Advanced or HTweakC, something like that?

S710demon

S710demon

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Pro2 / HTC Hero

So I should be looking for Schaps Advanced or HTweakC, something like that?

Either would be good. I used both and really liked them. I do feel that schaps has a little more options.

Voldemort

Voldemort

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Devices:HTC TyTN aka Hermes

Either would be good. I used both and really liked them. I do feel that schaps has a little more options.

It's easier if you would just install schap's rom (that includes schap's advanced configuration and a LOT of extra features)

the latest rom is the 4.20, but it has a few bugs still, so i d suggest to go for the 4.01 and just wait for the release of the 4.21, which is prolly going to be the best rom for this ppc :(

S710demon

S710demon

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Pro2 / HTC Hero
I have used 4.01 for a while now but will upgrade to 4.22 as Schaps just released his latest rom.

gtott

gtott

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi guys,
this probably seems like a silly question , but if i flash the rom to wm6 will it solve the operator lock on the sims card ?

cheers
dave

UndeadDevil

UndeadDevil

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile MDA Vario IV
gtott, I'm not sure what you mean. But if you mean by a Sim Lock (Your PDA is locked to one Network) then you need to SuperCID Unlock it, if you PM me I can give you instructions on how to do this for free.

As for Flashing to WM6, if your not already running Windows Mobile 6, it should be the first thing you do today. Windows Mobile 6 is much faster, more stable, and looks good.

gtott

gtott

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

gtott, I'm not sure what you mean. But if you mean by a Sim Lock (Your PDA is locked to one Network) then you need to SuperCID Unlock it, if you PM me I can give you instructions on how to do this for free.

As for Flashing to WM6, if your not already running Windows Mobile 6, it should be the first thing you do today. Windows Mobile 6 is much faster, more stable, and looks good.

thnaks for the help UndeadDevil,
I have sent you a PM,
look forward to hearing back :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users