File Submitter: ZSX
File Submitted: 21 Aug 2007
File Category: Pocket PC Today Screens QVGA
Here is a skin for the taskbar and system tray to allow your Pocket PC 2003 Second Edition device to look a little more like Windows Mobile 6.
It is based on the default theme of the T-mobile Wing. The pack includes the Wisbar Advance v2.x theme in blue as well as the .tsk file.
1) Pocket PC 2003 SE (will NOT work on PPC 2003 FE and lower, may work on WM5 and up!)
2) WisBar Advance v2.x (trialware, downloadable here.)
3) The attached zip file and some form of unzipping utility (freeware, downloadable here.)
1) Install Wisbar Advance to your PPC.
2) Unzip the archive. This will create 1 folder, "Windows Mobile 6 Blue," and 1 file "Windows Mobile 6 Blue.tsk".
3) Explore your device. Go to My Device>Program Files>WisBar Advance>skins and copy the "Windows Mobile 6 Blue" folder here.
4) Run Wisbar Advance on your PPC. Click on the menu in the taskbar and choose settings.
5) Click on Configure My Theme > Custom Theme > Import Theme. To specify the theme file browse to Program Files\WisBar Advance\skins\Windows Mobile 6 Blue, then highlight the skin file Windows Mobile 6 Blue.skn and click OK.
6) Copy the Windows Mobile 6 Blue.tsk file to My Documents in your PPC. Apply the .tsk file by clicking on Start>Settings>Today>Windows Mobile 6 Blue. Then click OK to apply the changes.
Voila! A pseudo Windows Mobile 6 look for Pocket PC 2003 SE!
Click here to download this file