HTC TyTN II (finally!) announced by HTC Europe

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

It seems very odd that i'm writing this after i've had the device so long, we know everything about it, and it's been so talked about... but... HTC have FINALLY officially announced the HTC TyTN II.

The device, which we all know as the HTC Kaiser / HTC P4550 / AT&T Tilt / AT&T 89xx / T-Mobile MDA Vario III etc. etc., is now live here on the HTC site.

I've also found a press release on the HTC site [PDF] (thanks once again to HTC btw for not bothering to let me know / send me the release), which includes the following specs...

HTC TyTN II key features

- Adjustable screen angle and slide-out QWERTY keyboard

- 2.8-inch 240*320 QVGA touch screen

- Get connected in any country

- Tri-band UMTS & Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE

- 3.5G high speed internet

- 9 times faster than 3G

- Worldwide mobile high speed connectivity

- Live HTC HomeTM screen

- Windows Mobile 6 Professional with Direct Push Email

- Internal GPS antenna, TomTom Navigator 6 Taster Edition

- Business Card Scanner

- 3 mega-pixel auto focus camera

- Wireless LAN – WiFi 802.11b/g

- Bluetooth 2.0

- ROM 256MB and RAM 128MB

- Easy scrolling with touch scrolling or jog wheel

- microSDTM card slot

- Dimensions - 112mm (L) x 59mm (W) x 19mm (T)

- Weight - 190g with battery

- Battery: 1,350 mAh rechargeable Li-polymer battery

- Standby time:

- Up to 350 hours for UMTS

- Up to 365 hours for GSM

- Talk time:

- Up to 264 minutes for UMTS

- Up to 420 minutes for GSM

- Up to 120 minutes for video call

- More information at www.tytnseries.com

Reference is also made in the document with regards to networks that will be launching the device...

Availability

The HTC TyTN II has been designed and developed to enable business users to take full advantage of the latest high speed data and multimedia content and applications, and incorporating feedback from HTC‟s operator customers. It will be launched in partnership with leading operators across Europe from September, including Orange, T-Mobile, Telefonica Group and Vodafone, as well as direct, under the HTC brand.

T-Mobile International, with more than 111 million mobile customers, is one of the world's leading companies in mobile communications. It is continuing its very successful MDA Vario product line based on the HTC TyTN II at the beginning of October.

“We are happy to have this new handset in our portfolio. It meets all of our requirements as a mobile workforce device, and we are particularly pleased with the new tilting keyboard form factor,” says Michael Hagspihl, Executive Vice President Terminal Management at T-Mobile International. “The T-Mobile MDA Vario III with its own exclusive characteristic T-Mobile design is a powerhouse with the

extra speed to take advantage of the state-of-the-art T-Mobile Network and customer focussed propositions like web‟n‟walk, and is testimony to the good relationship we enjoy with HTC. T-Mobile‟s MDA Vario III provides the perfect combination of an innovative design, dynamic wireless connectivity and additionally GPS to enrich Web, e-mail and messaging as well as navigation experiences.

“The predecessor MDA Vario II became the de-facto standard for mobile workforces, but with the MDA Vario III T-Mobile is pushing the edges of mobility even further and keeping the promise to our customers with innovative differentiated devices.”

Orange is launching the HTC TyTN II across its European footprint in a phased roll-out from the end of September. The HTC TyTN II is the latest addition to Orange‟s unique range of Signature devices and offers a choice of email solutions, including Microsoft DirectPush on Windows Mobile 6. Combined with fast connectivity through Orange‟s WiFi, 3G+ (HSDPA), 3G and EDGE networks, the powerful HTC TyTN II provides a laptop-like experience on a mobile device for users who want access to work information from any location in the world.

Philippe Bernard, Executive VP, Business Solutions, Orange, agrees that the HTC TyTN II is ideal for people who need constant and reliable access to Internet and business applications. Bernard says, “Many of our business customers demand a „virtual office‟ experience that includes the ability to access everyday business applications, as well as email. The email-friendly form factor and ability to connect to our mobile broadband networks makes the HTC TyTN II the must-have device for our business

users.”

Orange‟s version of the device will feature the unique Signature Series homescreen, which provides personalised, one-click access to business applications. Orange will first launch the device in the UK, France, Switzerland and the Netherlands, followed by Spain, Poland, Romania and Slovakia in early October.

“This is a solid addition to Vodafone‟s portfolio of business devices. HTC has continued to innovate and produced a product that effectively meets the needs of our business customers.” said Jens Schulte-Bockum, Global Director of Terminals, Vodafone Group.

“The handset, combined with Vodafone‟s world-beating HSDPA networks and the addition of GPS functionality makes this a compelling consideration for customers.”

Basically, as expected, pretty much all networks will be picking up this great device!

The long, long wait is nearly over. When you DO get your device over the coming weeks, remember to drop in to http://Kaiser.MoDaCo.com and share your experiences ;)

P

Guest nuttyphilt
Doesn't seem like O2 are going to stock it? Strange considering the have previously sold the XDA range including the Orbit!!

O2 are part of the Telefonica Group aren't they? They're mentioned in the press release above...

Guest NILOMA

Paul, it seems in the pressrelease that the 3G speed (HSDPA) is only going to be 3,6 Mbs (cat 7) but I think I remember reading somewhere that the new Qualcomm MSM 7200 CPU is supporting High-Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA), up to 7.2Mbps (Cat.8) and High-Speed Uplink Packet Access (HSUPA), up to 5.75Mbps (Cat. 6).

What has happened?

Guest MARKUKCOUK
(thanks once again to HTC btw for not bothering to let me know / send me the release)

get over yourself and try looking for news rather than waiting for it to be sent?

Harsh? Maybe...

Guest Kagenryu
get over yourself and try looking for news rather than waiting for it to be sent?

Harsh? Maybe...

I'm pretty sure his comment is justified considering all the free press he has been giving HTC over the last several months... showcasing their product for them. ;)

--

Kage

Guest leoiden

hey paul so whats the update on group purchasing this unit i am in if your the person we send the money to for a better price purchase

and also i live in usa southern california!

Guest mikeeey
Also a question I would like an answer to.

finally! they spoke of it's existance! how long did it take for the 8525 to come out after htc released the TyTN? some devices like the touch on the other hand come out rather quick after htc releases them.

Guest Heinz2004

Link to Chipset Qualcomm MSM 7200 Datasheet

Possible Features

(sometimes depending from Device-Hardware and Rom-Version)

"Dualcore":

Integrated 400 MHz ARM11™ applications

processor and 274 MHz ARM9™ microprocessor

deliver accelerated applications processing and

simultaneous modem processing; the dual-core

implementation provides hardware-based

security domains.

HSDPA7.2 und HSUPA:

High-Speed Downlink Packet Access

(HSDPA), up to 7.2 Mbps (Category 8)

- High-Speed Uplink Packet Access

(HSUPA), up to 5.76 Mbps (Category 6)

3D-Support:

Advanced 2D/3D graphics support with up to 4 million 3D triangles

per second, and 133 million 3D textured pixels per second fill rate.

Dedicated hardware accelerating the entire 3D rendering process.

30 fps VGA Videocapture:

A real-time wireless video recording solution that captures movies at 30 fps VGA.

TV-out support for viewing video and photos or playing 3D games

Supports external Bluetooth® 2.0 + EDR solution

Edited by Heinz2004

Guest mikeeey

so based on how long it took for other devices to come out when it was released, how long do you think it will be for the kaiser? i mean the it's completely finished now, i would suspect a september 3rd release?

if HTC would have waited one more day to release it they could have released it on my birthday. no point on that tho, not like i would be getting it then lol.

Edited by mikeeey

Guest PhilBH
O2 are part of the Telefonica Group aren't they? They're mentioned in the press release above...

Thanks for that bit of info, looked it up and you are correct, thought it was strange to miss out on this great device! Now my puzzle is wether to ditch O2 for T mobile? T mobile have web n walk which looks really attractive with HSDPA enabled areas!

Guest MARKUKCOUK
I'm pretty sure his comment is justified considering all the free press he has been giving HTC over the last several months... showcasing their product for them. blink.gif

just like 1 billion other sites......

the point I was trying to make, was that I'm a bit annoyed that my "spiritual WM home" of modaco, which used to be THE place for news and community, is now just one of many average site community wise, and the news service seems to be none-existent unless someone sends in a perfect copy-paste PR sheet. Paul's sarcastic comments towards HTC just irritated me. I trust I am allowed that opinion?

Thats my rant, I'll shut up now, anyway back to the topic....

Edited by MARKUKCOUK

Guest Paul (MVP)

I'd like to think our coverage of the Kaiser has been better than the 'billion other sites' ;)

I'm the first to admit that the news postings aren't as frequent as I and everyone else would like to see, but unfortunately I can't do everything on my own... and unless members of the community want to help with news (which we've tried and it hasn't worked out), then I have to prioritise where my time goes between the various things I do.

That said, I still want our news section to return to the glory days of old, and you will see changes.

P

Guest xorangefirex
just like 1 billion other sites......

the point I was trying to make, was that I'm a bit annoyed that my "spiritual WM home" of modaco, which used to be THE place for news and community, is now just one of many average site community wise, and the news service seems to be none-existent unless someone sends in a perfect copy-paste PR sheet. Paul's sarcastic comments towards HTC just irritated me. I trust I am allowed that opinion?

Thats my rant, I'll shut up now, anyway back to the topic....

I would really love for you to show me a better site than MoDaCo. Paul's site is the best site I have ever found bar none, and although I haven't been here long I have found twice as much information on the phones I'm interested in than I have in the past 3 or 4 years of researching WM devices. Paul is 100% justified in wanting HTC (and any other company) to send him their announcments and information about new devices considering all of the free press he gives them. The way I see it the 300,000 members of this site warrant a quite a bit of respect from WM manufactures (at least enough to send their information), and although you are allowed your "opinion", this being a free country and all, I don't appreciate (and I'm sure many many will agree with me) even a slight "bashing" of Paul and the immense amount of work he does to keep us informed.

Guest Troxelke
I would really love for you to show me a better site than MoDaCo. Paul's site is the best site I have ever found bar none, and although I haven't been here long I have found twice as much information on the phones I'm interested in than I have in the past 3 or 4 years of researching WM devices. Paul is 100% justified in wanting HTC (and any other company) to send him their announcments and information about new devices considering all of the free press he gives them. The way I see it the 300,000 members of this site warrant a quite a bit of respect from WM manufactures (at least enough to send their information), and although you are allowed your "opinion", this being a free country and all, I don't appreciate (and I'm sure many many will agree with me) even a slight "bashing" of Paul and the immense amount of work he does to keep us informed.

10000% TRUE! :wub:

Paul has pulled us through the long waiting time on the Kaiser with all his info he could give to us. We should appreciate that...

;)

Guest Kagenryu

My point exactly. ;)

--

Kage

Guest tsutton

Now that's something I am looking forward to! I notice the press release say it is suitable for business... I hope the phone shops will be selling it to normal customers...

I wonder when T-Mobile will have it on their website.

Now that's something I am looking forward to! I notice the press release say it is suitable for business... I hope the phone shops will be selling it to normal customers...

I wonder when T-Mobile will have it on their website.

It should be any week now. I went into my local T-mobile shop (Woking) and they said they had to back cards (i.e. the card that they put the phone on in the shop). So the bigger stores (London etc.) and website should have it in over the next week or 2 (He said 3 at the very max). And they should get them in. They said they'll ring me when they have any new information so I'll keep you guys posted.

Guest jim.mason
It should be any week now. I went into my local T-mobile shop (Woking) and they said they had to back cards (i.e. the card that they put the phone on in the shop). So the bigger stores (London etc.) and website should have it in over the next week or 2 (He said 3 at the very max). And they should get them in. They said they'll ring me when they have any new information so I'll keep you guys posted.

I thought the press release stated T would be releasing it in October

Guest xorangefirex

I just hope that the At&t release date of September 3rd is accurate. Mind you I have no intention of buying the AT&T branded version, but I do hope that this mean the HTC brand will be available on the same day.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.