HTC HT1100 (Nike!) announced in Japan

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

There's now a second device in existence now featuring the full HTC Pocket PC 'Touch' experience, and it looks like a bit special... take a look at the HTC HT1100 on DoCoMo, codenamed the HTC Nike, courtesy of AkihabaraNews!

Pictured below, the device features 3G + HSDPA, a 2.5" screen (shrunk from 2.8" on the Touch), full TouchFlo (of course), a 2 MegaPixel Camera supplemented by a 1 MegaPixel forward facing camera (for video calling) and a FM Radio.

We understand that the Nike shares a lot of it's internals with the HTC Kaiser (!), featuring the same Qualcomm 7200 chipset and integrated GPS.

What is particularly unique of course in the Pocket PC space is the traditional phone keypad, which we hope is accompanied by a slick T9 implementation to finally cement the touch as the ultimate Pocket PC one-handed user experience.

There's no word as yet on release anywhere other than DoCoMo Japan, but we'd venture it's only a matter of time... ;)

Let me put a question to you too... is this what the first Touch device should have been? Discuss :wub:

P

ht1100-1.jpght1100-2.jpg

Guest ombre33
Where's those 'HTC don't innovate' doubtors now? :wub:

Thought: No buttons for the softkeys? ;)

P

oooh, i like.

i'd say that the two longish things left and right of the d-pad are the softkeys. (?)

Guest namiran

is 2.5" screen really enough for a ppc? i remember people complaining about 2.4" screens some units use. Paul, is this really what the first touch should have been?

I do understand that with the touchflo you dont need to use a pen or your nails, you can just "flo". but what about 3'rd part applications?

Other than that it looks like a great addition to the already superb htc units

Guest nickcornaglia

Internally....what the Touch should have been.

Externally....the keypad is nice if it's not too thick. I don't miss soft keys anymore....but I do miss the OK button. I wouldnt mind the addition of that button on the external body...even on the side. As far as small screen, like other things in life...some like them bigger...I like them smaller! (EDIT: You can take that joke a couple of different ways...read it heterosexually!) ;)

My dream wish for phones...let me talk from the back of the phone so I dont get face stuff all over the front!

Guest spider

juuuust what I'm looking for..including the keypad for fast/one-hand SMS typing...and the prof. version...well when are we going to see this baby in DK and why...WHY is DoCoMo always getting the nice phones first ;)

Guest sxywill2005

I think the HTC Nike shown above is a pre-production handset as it looks rather unfinished. HTC have a habit of refining their designs at the last minute.

MSMobiles have reported another HTC handset which looks familiar to the HTC Muse, but with a slider and completely different specs.

20070830_f1100.jpg

Come on HTC, give a nice Windows Mobile handset which can compete with the Nokia 6120 and the 6300!

Edited by sxywill2005

Looks great, been waiting for more info on this for ages.

Would be cool if you could add apps to speed dials in the same way as Smartphones do, to make up for the lack of hardware buttons

Guest Kchrpm

Seriously, though, I want a number pad for one-handed operation, a QWERTY keyboard for long and complex alphanumeric data, and the tilting screen so I can just set it on my desk sans cradle and see whatever's on there easily.

I want a Nokia E90 in WinMo Pro form!

Guest Monolithix (MVP)

Personally, i like it. The Touch form factor is nice (tbh, it *is* pocketable ;)), and the slide is cool, the Touch seriously lacks in the data input department. Great to see more 3G around now too, heres hoping the Kine *and* th Cavalier find their way over here :wub:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.