HTC HT1100 (Nike!) announced in Japan

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Shuflie
http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/product/busines...1100/index.html

From the specification above (I use Google language translator), it really does NOT have GPS ;)

Too bad!!!!

Thanks for the link, but if you read the small print at the bottom you'll see that the unit is under development still, doesn't entirely rule out them switching on the GPS. Does anyone know if having GPS built in would be a big selling point in Japan? If not they might not license it for a device to be released there, but still switch it on for device designed for us.

Guest Ingvarr

Bah, 2.5 inches screen on a finger-based PDA phone, another "genius" idea from HTC. Surely, their TouchFLO will not be very bad. But what about ordinary PPC interfaces/apps (to remind you, original WM PPC specs were designed with 3.5 inches in mind, and interfaces already quite small in some areas on 2.8'').

They've put a slider already, so it should be only thicker then original Touch, why do they need to reduce the screen??

I sometimes suspect that HTC uses a tricky strategy of intentionally not doing any model "close to ideal", so they can continue to sell the whole lineup and periodically introduce "new" products by doing a feature reshuffle.

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest Ingvarr

Its true. But the point is that 2.8'' devices are already compact enough. Especially sliders. Why to reduce usability by making screen too small? Especially when size of GUI elements is vital for ergonomic touchscreen operation.

If it was up to me, I would enlarge screen (for example, by making the case frame as thin as possible, like Sharp guys did with W-Zero ES), not reduce it.

Edited by Ingvarr

• 4 weeks later...

from the link posted by kapot, the japanese nttdocomo web page, the front camera resolution is 0.1MP, not 1.0MP.

カメラ機能 = camera function

内側: CMOSカメラ = internal: CMOS camera

有効画素数:約 10万 = Effective pixels: about 10 thousands

that's all I can read... ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.