MDA Vario III due in stores soon, flyer spotted

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Many thanks to MoDaCo member 'steveVii', who managed to snag this great flyer image of the MDA Vario III in his local T-Mobile (UK) store.

Interesting point to note, the UK Vario III seems to retain the exact same styling as the HTC TyTN II, albeit in a light silver. No sign of a pink flash around the casing either, although that doesn't mean it's not there ;)

Compare the image on the flyer to this image of the T-Mobile Germany Vario III...

VarioIIIGermany.jpg

See what I mean? It is entirely possible that the flyer is an outdated image of course (note the lack of T-Mobile branding on the device) - however since stores are due to be receiving dummy handsets any day now, we shouldn't have to wait long to find out :wub:

P

varioIII.jpg

Guest Syphon Filter
ooo shiny...

tho i wonder why they have the keyboard come out of the other side now? ;)

For us lefties :wub:

The new way means the D-PAD etc is in the right position for me to use now!!! woohoo!!

Guest Swampie
For us lefties ;)

The new way means the D-PAD etc is in the right position for me to use now!!! woohoo!!

But it's not. As I lefty myself, having the d-pad on the right is best (like on the Vario). This allows you to hold the device in your right hand (big grip), and control the d-pad with your right hand - whilst holding the stylus in your left.

Having it the other way around (d-pad on left), means you cannot use the d-pad and stylus at the same time.

But it's not. As I lefty myself, having the d-pad on the right is best (like on the Vario). This allows you to hold the device in your right hand (big grip), and control the d-pad with your right hand - whilst holding the stylus in your left.

Having it the other way around (d-pad on left), means you cannot use the d-pad and stylus at the same time.

i think they did it for several reasons

1. i think its for the camera button, since you don't want the keyboard to be able to slide down as you press the button, with it being on the devices right (when facing you) side.

2. also, by sliding out to the right, holding it w/ two hands, you can use the scroll wheel with you right finger.

what do you guys think?

Guest sc0user_75

Hi Guys and Girls. I'm new on here so a quick intro to you all.

I'm Kinda new to all this Windows Mobile stuff so you all will have to bare with me please. I had an SPV C600 for sometime and absolutely hated it... untill I swapped it for a Nokia N95 - THE WORST PHONE I'VE EVER HAD!!! Been through 6 handsets and all were faulty!

I was gonna go for the iPhone (being an Apple PPC G5 owner). But then thought the phone is all show and no go. The considered the SE W960. And was very close to holding out for a release... untill the Kaiser caught my eye.

Unfortunately I can't really afford / justify the HTC version so will wait for the Vario III. Although I do totally hate the look of the T Mobile version. But hopefully the functions will somewhat disguise the ugliness of it ;)

Anyone know if FIFA 07 will be available for this phone? Only reason I ask is that's the only thing that has made me hold onto my N95 :wub:

PS All be warned. As I mentioned I am kinda new to all this Windows Mobile lark... and am also not very good with IT / Techno jargon - so I'll be firing a fair few questions at all you when I get the phone :D

Guest Disco Stu
Anyone know if FIFA 07 will be available for this phone? Only reason I ask is that's the only thing that has made me hold onto my N95 ;)

This is the best I could find with a quick search :

FIFA2002 at Pocket Gear

The quality and choice of games for Pocket PC will cure you of that Nokia itch very soon <_<

Guest sc0user_75
This is the best I could find with a quick search :

FIFA2002 at Pocket Gear

The quality and choice of games for Pocket PC will cure you of that Nokia itch very soon <_<

Thanks Disco Stu. I did do a search but came up blanks! Maybe cuz I was in a rush to get out of the office and home ;)

Guest jharvey00
T-Mo are suggesting it'll be later than that, but I think they'll sneak in in September.

P

I spoke to one of the Customer Service ppl in store today (Central London), and he said that it would be "available very close to the date of (my) upgrade" (7th Sept).

How accurate this information is is questionable!

Went into my local T-mobile store last night and there were no leaflets around and FWIW the guy said they had no idea when they were getting it. I also asked if it would be possible to reserve one of the first ones and he said no. ;)

Guest GordonTGopher
Went into my local T-mobile store last night and there were no leaflets around and FWIW the guy said they had no idea when they were getting it. I also asked if it would be possible to reserve one of the first ones and he said no. ;)

I hesitate to add this link as I don't have a high opinion of the site in question but there MAY be some truth in it!

http://msmobiles.com/news.php/6654.html

Gordon

Guest markeew

I called T-Mobile this morning and the person I spoke to seemed to think the Vario III would be released on 24th September. I get a different answer each time I call so don't know how reliable this is.

Mark

Guest BillyRayPreachersSon

I called yesterday and was told that there was no information, I called again today and got speaking with a self-confessed geek-chick who told me she'd been waiting for it to be announed internally (she wanted one for herself), but was pretty sure it would be within 2 weeks from now - giving more credence to the 24th?

Dan

Guest powerupmobile

The Vario III was featured in the September monthly magazine/price list from our distributer and they have given us a launch date of 30th September. We have pricing and are taking pre-orders for the device now. From experience the launch date is likely to be an estimate only (could be sooner or later than that date) and stock is likely to tricle in when it is first launched. This is what happened when the Vario II was launched about the same time last year. More info on our tariffs here: http://www.powerupmobile.com/tariffs-2-302.htm.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lukesmith
I called yesterday and was told that there was no information, I called again today and got speaking with a self-confessed geek-chick who told me she'd been waiting for it to be announed internally (she wanted one for herself), but was pretty sure it would be within 2 weeks from now - giving more credence to the 24th?

Dan

I was in the tmobile on oxford street yesterday and was told expected 29th. The first time a tmobile staff member (either on the phone or in a shop (london/reading)) has told me a date.

Im still hoping for the 24th tho. So will phone tmobile again tomorrow

Guest londonthing

Just to let you all know its been released by T-Mobile today. I just phoned the upgrade department and on a Flext 75 contract they tried to charge me 19.99 for it. I told them not interested unless it was free and after the lady spoke to her manager they agreed to do the deal for Free. Getting it tommorow before 1pm. YIPPEE!!

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.