Photo

Paul's must have FREE Kaiser applications!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

dt11

dt11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Devices:Kaiser + 6GB microSDHC
Also, OggSync to sync google calendar.

wvn

wvn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire / Blackberry 9700
Hey Paul

Your post mentions:

NoData - disable your GPRS connection while you are on holiday, and save those bills! - http://www.modaco.co...ty-t246171.html

But when I click the link Safari tells me it cannot find the server. Anything wrong with the link, or is it me?

Thx
Wouter

EDIT

I just read another user had the same problem and cutting and pasting the link supposedly solves it. Gonna try that.
W

Edited by wvn, 05 October 2007 - 09:36 AM.

dead_beat

dead_beat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario III
Anyone know of any apps that would allow me to create different profiles ala Nokia? You know, silent, general, outdoor etc.

Cheers.

Kang.

Webreaper

Webreaper

Addict

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S3

Anyone know of any apps that would allow me to create different profiles ala Nokia? You know, silent, general, outdoor etc.

PhoneAlarm. It's got some neat features too, like being able to detect your location based on the cellID you're in, and auto-switching profiles automatically based on location, meeting, activesync status, etc.

the_ape

the_ape

Power

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
One other must for the Kaiser is PhonePad (T9 input).

Check http://forum.xda-dev...honepad vibrate

Ashleigh
My Blogsite (ignore the URL it is work safe ;)) or My F1 Blogsite Twitter @the_ape

dead_beat

dead_beat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario III

PhoneAlarm. It's got some neat features too, like being able to detect your location based on the cellID you're in, and auto-switching profiles automatically based on location, meeting, activesync status, etc.

Cheers for that. Do you know if PhoneAlarm lets you set different tones for different profiles? i.e. For meeting a bleep whereas for general have an mp3?

Cheers.

Kang.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,254 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Very annoying the cache tweak doesn't work on Kaiser... I use Opera instead (not free tho!) ;)

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

psionandy

psionandy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Interests:Mobile tech.. gadgets.. Liverpool FC
  • Devices:Note 2 and Ascend G300 CM10 R2
  • Twitter:@psionandy

I use SKTools, IMHO the best out there. Not free tho!

P

But very cheap.. amazingly considering what it does, and the fact that there are new features added all the time (and i've never had to pay for an upgrade, they've all been free)

Nick72

Nick72

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:Vario

Cheers for that. Do you know if PhoneAlarm lets you set different tones for different profiles? i.e. For meeting a bleep whereas for general have an mp3?

Cheers.

Kang.

I'll add my recommendation for PhoneAlarm, too. And yes, it lets you set different tones for different profiles for SMS/MMS/Email/Ring.

It also lets you schedule Profiles, so I have my phone enter a night profile so I don't get woken up by any drunkard texter friends, or random emails whilst I'm asleep. Goes to night mode at 11pm and back to normal at 6:30am, 7:30 on a weekend for a much deserved lie in.

PhoneAlarm is a must have!

ChefChaudart

ChefChaudart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:Xperia S / One X
Hello,

Anyone knows a good contact manager. ( My Palm was so much better on that.)

I got the buildin, and the one from Developer one. But functionalities are poor, especially in terms of research.

i.e
My Palm had a button with latest accessed contacts, a quick access to switch categories, a color for contacts by categories.

juiceppc

juiceppc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Does anyone know what version of WM5Storage works on the Kaiser. The newest version 1.75 does not... Someone on XDA mentioned that someone here said an older version worked?...

1.53 does not seem to work either.

Ghost_1

Ghost_1

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Mobile phones. . . T-Mobile G1, HTC TYTN II, T-mobile Dash, I-Mate Jam, Mitac Mio 8390, Motorola A630, Nokia N-gage, Nokia N-gage QD, Motorola C331g, Motorola T721i<br /><br />My car.
  • Devices:T-Mobile G1

One other must for the Kaiser is PhonePad (T9 input).

Check http://forum.xda-dev...honepad vibrate

nice one, I had this on my JAM back in the day. THe only thing I can't get to work is the vibration. NOt too worried though as it's not a big deal.

Here's another I found while on the xda-developer forum. . . this is much better then most keyboards I've used. ONly problem is it's only free until Dec 8th '07. Another side note the link I'm posting is for the first splash page so you can see it before you download it. Personally this is the sort of thing that HTC should have done for the TouchFlo system, iphone. . . ipheewy lol and I'm a mac user too. lol

http://www.cootek.com/intro.html

Edited by Ghost_1, 10 October 2007 - 03:59 PM.

For phones: T-Mobile G1, HTC TYTN II, T-mobile Dash, I-Mate Jam, Mitac Mio 8390, Motorola A630, Nokia N-gage, Nokia N-gage QD, Motorola C331g.

For the car: Air suspension, ICE, I/H/E setup, more to come later. . .

For guns: ICS M4 CQB Pistol, KJW Sig Sauer P226, maybe a M14 EBR or G36K later. . .

Now only if I could afford modifying my car and my mobile phone addiction. . .ha ha ha. . . uh oh add airsoft to it too. lol

sc0user_75

sc0user_75

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Devices:Nokia N95

I'll add my recommendation for PhoneAlarm, too. And yes, it lets you set different tones for different profiles for SMS/MMS/Email/Ring.

It also lets you schedule Profiles, so I have my phone enter a night profile so I don't get woken up by any drunkard texter friends, or random emails whilst I'm asleep. Goes to night mode at 11pm and back to normal at 6:30am, 7:30 on a weekend for a much deserved lie in.

PhoneAlarm is a must have!

Guys who have Phonealarm... did you get this free? It seems they are now charging for it. Hope I havent missed out on it!

Shuflie

Shuflie

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Devices:HTC One X
  • Twitter:@Shuflie

Very annoying the cache tweak doesn't work on Kaiser... I use Opera instead (not free tho!) ;)

P

It is for Plus members, very nice it is too.I suppose it would just seems pushy if you were to say that though. :wub:

Posted Image

Shuflie

Shuflie

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Devices:HTC One X
  • Twitter:@Shuflie

P

It is for Plus members, very nice it is too.I suppose it would just seems pushy if you were to say that though. :wub:

Posted Image

Nick72

Nick72

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Guys who have Phonealarm... did you get this free? It seems they are now charging for it. Hope I havent missed out on it!

Sorry, you're right it's not free and I paid for it, so strictly this shouldn't be in this thread. Webreaper mentioned Phonealarm in reply to someone asking a profiles question. And I added my recommendation.

Well worth the money IMO but not free.

Sorry.

sc0user_75

sc0user_75

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Devices:Nokia N95
Thanks for reply Nick. But before I go ahead and make yet another purchase, if I install this software will it override my HTC Home Screen - which I love so much? Or is this something that is only fired up to make adjustments?

Nick72

Nick72

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Thanks for reply Nick. But before I go ahead and make yet another purchase, if I install this software will it override my HTC Home Screen - which I love so much? Or is this something that is only fired up to make adjustments?

Nope it won't override, you can choose which to see as normal via Setting --> Today Items tab. I actually have both on my screen but have the "miniText" skin for PhoneAlarm so it barely registers below the HTC one. To be honest it can probably not even appear but I tweaked the settings quite a lot at first so I have it displayed to save time getting into the settings.

Also I went for PhoneAlarm Lite has didn't see the need for the full version on the site you can see a side-by-side comparison of the two.

juiceppc

juiceppc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Does anyone know what version of WM5Storage works on the Kaiser. The newest version 1.75 does not... Someone on XDA mentioned that someone here said an older version worked?...

1.53 does not seem to work either.

mandt

mandt

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts
  • Devices:Diamond, Kaiser
No it doesn't, I tried the older version, and it seems to work but any files copied over are corrupted

Softick Card Export works perfectly, not free though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users