Photo

Paul's must have FREE Kaiser applications!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

merrlyn

merrlyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Tytn II on Orange / K800i

I'd like to propose the following addition to the list:

Also, a nifty program called "My Mobiler" which you install on the PC and (via ActiveSync) gives you a virtual desktop for your phone as a window on your PC. Ace for screenshots, if nothing else.

This is going to sound rather lame, but after going to the pocketemu site and downloading said software (Zipfile?) O then extracted all files from the archive but am at a loss to work out what I should do with them nixt.

If you could offer me some suggestions (polite only) I'd be grateful. Sorry to sound so dull.

btw . . . Paul, I read a bit further back in the thread and found (schoolboy error, should have read all of the thread properly first) a great T9 phone pad for the Kaiser which works really well. (Dark Phone Pad). This is a really great site many thanks.

Merrlyn

darkness inc

darkness inc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:HTC Trinity

You would think so, but they're actually not. That's the best part, they are both legal and free to download as they are distributed as freeware.

PocketSnes is legal as emulators were ruled as perfectly legal in the court of law. Downloading ROMS is illegal. But gettign the roms off of the games that you already own so you can have a back up is perfectly legal. And emulators designed to play games that you do own are also perfectly legal. So PocketSnes is legal. If it wasn't nintendo would have sued the people that make it and the site you download it from a long time ago like they do to sites that distribute roms.

pocket humanity is like civilzation but it's not the same game, it's not half as good for one thing. it's an original creation and is perfectly legal.

I'm not sure about the xcom port, it doesn't use the original game's code, and i don't know how copyright laws go for games once 7 years passes as long as you're not usign the same code.

how did you get pocketsnes to work on kaiser, will not load roms on my htc tytn 2

mandt

mandt

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts
  • Devices:Diamond, Kaiser

This is going to sound rather lame, but after going to the pocketemu site and downloading said software (Zipfile?) O then extracted all files from the archive but am at a loss to work out what I should do with them nixt.

Merrlyn

Inside the zip is a .cab file. copy this to your device, e.g. My Documents. then with the file Explorer browse to the Cab and click on it to install. I have installed mine to my Card. Once it has done its thing you can either delete the cab or keep it for re-install purposes at a later date

Click on the link in my Sig for more info on installing software on WM (and other tips)

ltgland

ltgland

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
Is there any free offline satnav package? One that I could get worldwide maps for, for when I go on holiday?

Dordje

Dordje

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Vario III
Hi - anyone know where to get Windows Live for a TyTN II - my T-Mobile (Vario 3) version does not have it pre-installed?

Gizmos

Gizmos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Desire
Here you go

Attached File  Windows_Live_10.6.33.0600__Fixed___duttythroy_.zip   838.8KB   238 downloads

tutonutz

tutonutz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the At&t tilt but am using T-Mobile service and livesearh, google maps or yahoo doesnt workAre there any free GPS programs like tomtom of Garmin for the tilt?
thanks for any help

WearTheFoxHat

WearTheFoxHat

I've gone all droid!

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5, Moto XOOM 3G
  • Twitter:@TomJJarvis

NoData - disable your GPRS connection while you are on holiday, and save those bills! - http://www.modaco.co...ty-t246171.html

Paul ... the above url in your post is incorrect:
http://www.modaco.co...w-FREE-Utility/

(just thought it was worth mentioning, so you could fix the link. I've just got the T-Mobile MDA Vario III and this forum has been a fantastic resource)

Orange regrets to inform you that their network will be going down in 1 hours time for all users apart from yourself. This is because nothing would go down on you, not even a network!

djtwok

djtwok

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:DJing, Playing Retro Games, XB360
  • Devices:Qtek S100/Moto A925
Does the Removesecurity.cab also work on a german Kaiser ?

DJ @ partynight.at Webradio
XBL Gamertag: djtwok

mandt

mandt

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts
Try it and let us know :(

nevawlkalone

nevawlkalone

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Interests:Muay-Thai (Thai-Boxing), electric guitar, chillin with ma mates, any loud heavy metal music!!!!
  • Devices:HTC Desire, Blackberry Pearl
How about GPS Test...this was the only thing i could use to get my GPS running correctly and i think its awesome!

BANG

Muay-Thai...The Art And Science Of Eight Limbs

Keep Death Off The Road...Drive On The Pavement

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario II

For totally retentive device cleanup, use BOTH MemMaid and SKTools. Each will find some things that the other has missed. :(

I've tried downloading Memmaid, believing it was free. I've found out that the latest version is only free if you download the demo or trial version.

Maybe I'm missing something. Paul, perhaps you can post the link for the 100% free full product version of Memmaid, please?

mandt

mandt

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts
MemMaid isn't Freeware

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

MemMaid isn't Freeware

Oh, I was under the illusion it was free as it is posted in a thread about free apps

jimmyk

jimmyk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Shadow
Wow now that is helpful! Editing the T9 dictionary is amazing - I have been tyring to get my wife to appreciate the HTC Phoebus and now she will when we customize the Dictionary! nice

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Delivery receipt name fix:

http://handheld.soft...Fix-22305.shtml

:(

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

hicks

hicks

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
All in one working cab for WM5storage for kaiser. Reboot the PPC after you're warned it hasn't installed correctly. Thanks to the guys on xda-dev :(

Attached Files

jesly2205

jesly2205

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:T-mobile Vario III

how about ce-star to write and display chinese and japanese (web pages and menu) on a english version unit, the program can be download free to test.

test version allows 50 times text writing on/off and display different languages, after the test period, you can only display language.

www.ce-star.com

May I know what the difference of CE-STAR Suite and CE-STAR Standard?

Anyone know where to find Windows Live Messenger cab ?

Ves

Ves

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Devices:Xperia X1, HTC TyTn II

May I know what the difference of CE-STAR Suite and CE-STAR Standard?

Anyone know where to find Windows Live Messenger cab ?

try the xda forum

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
http://airfagev.com/downloads.asp

On the left hand side of the screen, there are folder with some applications but I think they're predominanty for Smartphone devices. Some of the games are okay and they're free even though they don't measure up in size on the screen properly. The game '6th gear' seems to be an okay racing game, in particular as its free

Edited by 246810, 29 January 2008 - 05:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users