TyTN II wired remote control 10 quid off

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

With a bit of jiggery poker at eXpansys and paying with PayPal, you can get 10 quid off this beauty at eXpansys (wired remote with 3.5mm connector):

wiredremote.jpg

To get the offer, first visit this page (to activate the PayPal discount), then visit this page (to view the product and discounted price).

£20 quid including delivery is pretty slick in my book. Note that you can't use this discount with any other coupons etc.

Anyone else ordering? ;)

P

Guest duncan888

Will this work on the original TYTN (Hermes) as I got one at the moment and waiting for the Kaiser to be released on T-Mobile, would be nice to get it at the discounted price and use it on the Hermes until the Kaiser is avaliable.

Thanks

I was actually after the wireless BH S100.

The wife'll kill me if I spend another £60-odd when we're about to move house though, so I may be able to make do with this little doo-hickey, thanks for the heads-up!

Edited by sub69

Guest Troxelke

Hey Paul,

Thanks for the info! Actually, I am going to order the W100, looks very nice ;)! Initially I was not sure if the thing would work on the TyTN II, but apparently it does :D !

Although, I am going to buy it directly from The Netherlands, so I won't make benefit of your proposal.... :wub:

Guest Manni01
Anyone else ordering? :wub:

P

Just placed my order, thanks a lot for the tip! :D

Still need to get the Kaiser though... ;)

Edited by Manni01

Guest mwright
The W100 Wired remote works withh all current model HTC Devices (not Tytn I though); a white version is available for white P3600's

Are you saying that it does or does not work on the Tytn?

Guest Manni01

It says on the box:

Compatible devices P3300, P3300 premium, P3350, P4350 (that's the Tytn I think), Dopod M700, P800, P800W, D802, D810, CHT9100, C800, C858, C858G. As it was sold specifically for the Tytn II, I do hope it will works with it, but can't test it... as I don't have my Tytn II yet!

I had the nice surprise to find some of the Modaco deal included in the package as well:

£10 off next purchase from Expansys (above £20, until 4th of October)

£40 off a minimum £79,99+£5.99 S+H from Virgin Wines (no limit)

plus

£5 off any order above £20 from globalpositioningsystems, goaudio or shiroi (until 10th of Sept).

Quite a good value for £20! ;)

Thanks again Paul!

Edited by Manni01

Guest Neil5459

This is not compatible with the Tytn (HTC 4500)

The HTC4350 is the HTC Herald, which is compatiblw.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Webreaper
i read about this, and it only works on media player. is this true?

Yes, it's a bit annoying, it appears the buttons are only driven by the HTC driver, and that only supports WMP. Which is a tad frustrating if you use Mortplayer/Pocketmusic/Tcpmp or just about anything other than the PoS that is WMP.

On the upside the call answer/hangup buttons do work....

Guest Phil Lee

The headset works fine with the Vario III, you don't even have to install the device drivers. It doesn't allow you to listen to the radio, the Vario III does not have a radio built in to it.

• 1 month later...
Guest Subliminal Aura
I heard that every time you hit the controls the screen light comes on which is far from ideal...

Can someone confirm this ?

Cheers - SA

Sorry for the bump but can anyone confim this issue as I'd like a wired remote as well :(

• 1 month later...
Guest Mr.Clark

Is there anything other than this model?

I had one, and it was great (got a nice set of Sony headphones, was lovely) but because of the way it sticks out of the bottom of the phone, mine has become damaged in my pocket and now only one ear produces sound (both if I wiggle it... constantly :/)

So is there something that has a smaller USB jack? Or one with a small USB jack and a short wire on the end (cheap) so that if I get another one of these, it doesn't happen again (or if the same thing happens, I've only got a small cheap USB-USB thing to replace, not a whole £20+ unit)

And to the above posters - the screen is on but has turned off as a power saving feature, pressing a button on the remote turns it off. However, if you've pressed the Power button once to turn the screen off intentionally, pressing a button on the remote does NOT turn the screen off.

EDIT: Something like this, but instead of USB-headphone, USB-USB. Does such a thing exist?

Edited by Mr.Clark