TomTom 6 Cab files

Guest K Woodhead

Guest K Woodhead

I installed TomTom 6 using TomTom Home (I already owned the software from a Treo 650.) Everything is working great.

My question: One of the directories created on the SD card by the TomTom install is "2577". There are two CAB files (ttn.cab and ttn2003.cab) in that folder. Both of these CAB files are 5.35M. Can they be deleted from the SD card, and will TomTom still continue to work?

Guest jim.mason
I installed TomTom 6 using TomTom Home (I already owned the software from a Treo 650.) Everything is working great.

My question: One of the directories created on the SD card by the TomTom install is "2577". There are two CAB files (ttn.cab and ttn2003.cab) in that folder. Both of these CAB files are 5.35M. Can they be deleted from the SD card, and will TomTom still continue to work?

As Mandt has already said, yes they can be deleted. The folder 2577 is created by the install program so that when you insert the memory card into the PPC it autoruns whatever is within that directory.

Guest K Woodhead

Thanks for both responses.

Would this account for TomTom starting up while running a Sprite Backup?

There are two additional files in the 2577 folder:

AutoRun (180K bytes)

autorun (98 bytes)

I'm thinking that I should delete both of those also. I don't really want TomTom to launch just because I inserted the SD card.

Thoughts/comments?

• 9 months later...
Guest Nomgle

I just stumbled across this thread - thanks folks ! Now I can stop wondering why on earth TomTom fires up whenever I switch my phone on :D