- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

nanoelite007

nanoelite007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well im quite sure this is going to be a redundant request but after spending way too much time trying to locate an effective proxy site that lets you login to blocked sites like some forums and myspace and such ive lost my nerve. There has to be a better way. Were in the 21st centruy and someone has got to have something new under the sun. if any of you have sites or know of sites that are fully capable of all typical interest capabilities please, do inform me thank you... By the way i am new and this forum seems to be swarming with activity... Thank you Modaco for my free registration... I might just have finally found a real forum for once.

Stuart_f

Stuart_f

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Devices:Google Nexus 4

Well im quite sure this is going to be a redundant request but after spending way too much time trying to locate an effective proxy site that lets you login to blocked sites like some forums and myspace and such ive lost my nerve. There has to be a better way. Were in the 21st centruy and someone has got to have something new under the sun. if any of you have sites or know of sites that are fully capable of all typical interest capabilities please, do inform me thank you... By the way i am new and this forum seems to be swarming with activity... Thank you Modaco for my free registration... I might just have finally found a real forum for once.

Can you give us a bit more detail:

Who is blocking these sites?
What method are they using to achieve the blocking?
Are you trying to get around a company firewall or similar?
What have you tried that does not do what you want? - Specifically if something you tried is not suitable in what way did it fail to meet your requirements.
Can you install software on the PC or do you have limited access?

Off the top of my head the simplest option would be to use the google translate service to view the sites in question just select spanish or french or something to English and type in the url that is "blocked". It doesn't matter that it's in english to start with it'll show up just the same but the request will look like its coming via google's server and not the blocked site.

Failing that something like Tor would be a good choice assuming Tor itself is not banned.

nanoelite007

nanoelite007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Can you give us a bit more detail:

Who is blocking these sites?
What method are they using to achieve the blocking?
Are you trying to get around a company firewall or similar?
What have you tried that does not do what you want? - Specifically if something you tried is not suitable in what way did it fail to meet your requirements.
Can you install software on the PC or do you have limited access?

Off the top of my head the simplest option would be to use the google translate service to view the sites in question just select spanish or french or something to English and type in the url that is "blocked". It doesn't matter that it's in english to start with it'll show up just the same but the request will look like its coming via google's server and not the blocked site.

Failing that something like Tor would be a good choice assuming Tor itself is not banned.

The web filter being implimented is Baracuda Networks. Surprisingly enough most proxy sites have failed to accomplish one objective.. being able to use the logged in options most sites offer... For example there is a web forum for AMD processors i use consistanty and the networks consider it a social networking site. Well this site isnt blocked and so far i have full use of my message sending and thread replying. Anther good example is the myspace use. For the most part i have little free time to use it and unfortunatly some of my former friends and distant family members fail to check there email. The myspace messaging on sites like https://www.PrizeFerrari.com/ http://www.homestudyprogram.info
http://www.mysecureproxy.com/ http://radiogh.com/ dont allow comment posting or messaging. Most of these pc's are open for program instalation and most don't have a C:/ deepfreeze. I believe the ones blocking the sites are the fools who consider individuals like me lazy for using my free time here to use forums, email and things of that nature. Probably the district network cordinator or who ever is up on the hierarchy. anything else?

Stuart_f

Stuart_f

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Devices:Google Nexus 4

nanoelite007

nanoelite007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
THat one wont let me reply messages on myspace or reply on AMD forums. any other ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users