If you lose your new Vario III...

Guest FrankyG

Cool, not too bad for 9.99?

Would make a great Plus benefit, hehehe...

P

Indeed. It's cool, but it would be nice if there were some features added that you could use in the event that you DIDN'T lose your phone!! I guess the £9.99 is paying for peace of mind in some ways.

re Modaco Plus - did you ever get the dedicated proxy server up and running Paul? Is it possible to stream mobile Youtube videos when using the Proxy? (PM me if this goes OT!)

Cheers,

FrankyG

Cool, not too bad for 9.99?

Would make a great Plus benefit, hehehe...

P

Saw this over on XDA Devs thismorning to and thought the same thing, was there anything in the pipeline? ;)

Guest dolbe666
The software from Sprite looks good... I wonder how much it will cost when it's released - hopefully freeware!

ive just ordered the sprite terminator, its $14.95 or £7.85 british. not a bad price for a bit of peace of mind

ive just ordered the sprite terminator, its $14.95 or £7.85 british. not a bad price for a bit of peace of mind

That's for version 1 - do you get free upgrade to v2 when it's out of beta?

Guest dolbe666
That's for version 1 - do you get free upgrade to v2 when it's out of beta?

I just checked the sprite website for upgrades and its done on purchase date so im asuming if your purchase is less than a year old your elegible for the upgrade when its available

Guest dolbe666
Doesn't recognise the GPS in my Athena :wub:

its still in beta so i would wait for the final release to make final judgements. ive dealt with enough beta software to know its never quite rite untill its says its a final release ;)

Guest Confucious
its still in beta so i would wait for the final release to make final judgements. ive dealt with enough beta software to know its never quite rite untill its says its a final release ;)

Strange, it recognises it when I have GPS reception. D'Oh!

Guest Daemonicus

Tried the software from Sprite and sometimes it just doesn't work! <_<

I prefer the WIMP application as it seems alot more stable and dependable. What you need if you lose your £500 phone.

Guest dolbe666

well im now testing sprite terminator beta and its results are just a wee bit off ;)

well i guess thats why they call it beta testing :wub:

I have not yet moved to the north sea :D

just to add, Tomtom had me right where i was supposed to be

post-294035-1191266328_thumb.jpg

Edited by dolbe666

Guest dolbe666
well im now testing sprite terminator beta and its results are just a wee bit off ;)

well i guess thats why they call it beta testing :D

I have not yet moved to the north sea :D

just to add, Tomtom had me right where i was supposed to be

Well it seems the problem is not with sprite terminator, after chasing it up it turns out to be a google maps problem. they cant seem to get gps coordinates right :wub:

Guest chrisash32
Well it seems the problem is not with sprite terminator, after chasing it up it turns out to be a google maps problem. they cant seem to get gps coordinates right ;)

It seem to be an issue with the - symbol before the 2nd co-ordinate.

I got the same result then when i stuck a - in front of it i got the correct location!

Guest dolbe666
It seem to be an issue with the - symbol before the 2nd co-ordinate.

I got the same result then when i stuck a - in front of it i got the correct location!

thanks, thats solved the problem. Ive given sprite software the feedback with your fix for the url, so hopefully they will amend the text reply sent to add the -, ive also tried it with the - and the + in the coordinates and that works with the same result although the + by itself doesnt work

Guest sergioka

Hey Folks,

I dont have my kaiser already,but i will get the machine this week:)

So,how I can realize,that wimp will be active after a hard-reset?

Bye

Sergioka

Guest the_ape

Worth mentioning as well, is that if you use Exchange Push, then you can already wipe the device, and the storage card remotly if the device is stolen/lost..... GPS obviously cant be done via that, so get GPS from whichever app you like (I use Mobile Justice, but hey), then wipe the contents of the user areas with Exchange.