I have recently purchased a Samsung Q45 laptop and I am having great difficulty getting my Ameo to do anything over Bluetooth with the Q45 other than to pair. I am specifically looking to set up any function that will allow me to use the Ameo as a modem. I found this function very easy to set up on my deceased Sony vaio over a Bluetooth Network but this does not appear to be availble to me this time. The pairing says I have Dial Up Networking available over Bluetooth but then the Ameo does not then appear in the list of Bluetooth devices that can be used by the Q45 for Dial Up Networking.
Can anybody give me any pointers to solve my problem, if it indeed it can be resolved? I cab use a USB connection but that just doesn't look cool.
One last thing, when teh Bluetooth devices/functions are installing I am told that I need the driver disk but as far as I can recall I never got a driver disk with the Ameo.
I can give you a run down of what I do with my laptop. I have a Vista laptop running the MS bluetooth stack.
1. Pair the laptop with the Ameo.
2. On the Ameo, go to Start...Programs...Internet Sharing.
3. Choose Bluetooth PAN and the connection you wish to use and then click Connect.
4. On the laptop, click on Start...Connect To
5. Click Set up a connection or network.
6. Choose connect to a Bluetooth personal area network (PAN) and click Next.
7. Choose your Ameo from the list of devices and click Connect.
That's it. You should now be able to successfully use the internet.