Very annoying WM6 bug

Guest ashley

Very frequently the display timeout resets itself to 10 seconds, possibly twice as day.

I have changed the timeout to all possible variables to see if that helps but it has not yet.

am i alone with this one?

Guest X-Ray A4T
Very frequently the display timeout resets itself to 10 seconds, possibly twice as day.

I have changed the timeout to all possible variables to see if that helps but it has not yet.

am i alone with this one?

Now that you mention it I seem to have the same issue. no solution

• 1 month later...

err bump!!

any others seeing this with WM6?

In fact I'm so happy with this phone that i may be foregoing an upgrade this year if i can get this issue sorted

persistent reg key maybe?

anyone?

anyone?

Edited by ashley

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest bluntvillan

I had this issue but fixed it doing the following shortly after application unlocking:

1. Close all programs, including any anti-virus etc

2. Change the time-out accordingly and make sure you save until you have exited the setting

3. Remove the battery WITHOUT switching the phone off - this prevents the phone (if an application or phone is doing this) from changing it back

Turn it on and see what happens.

I had this issue but fixed it doing the following shortly after application unlocking:

1. Close all programs, including any anti-virus etc

2. Change the time-out accordingly and make sure you save until you have exited the setting

3. Remove the battery WITHOUT switching the phone off - this prevents the phone (if an application or phone is doing this) from changing it back

Turn it on and see what happens.

seems to work so far

seems to work so far

24 hours and still working!! seems to be the fix

could someone explain how removing the battery prevents the system writing to registry on next boot :(

Guest bluntvillan

Let me explain it using a PC. Say you have a virus on a windows computer and you edit the registry to stop it from starting up when you boot up, if you shut it down and that programs still running in the memory, it can re-add itself to the registry - when you close an application it can perform certain tasks such as word; if you close it all the autosave files will be removed, the same process will happen if windows closes it down on shutdown. It is highly unlikely that you have/had a virus but it may be because of a program you used that may have been writing to that portion of the registry and stopped half way and/or you uninstalled that application. Not sure of the specifics really but it's definately an application, maybe a registry program but more likely to be a home plugin

Let me explain it using a PC. Say you have a virus on a windows computer and you edit the registry to stop it from starting up when you boot up, if you shut it down and that programs still running in the memory, it can re-add itself to the registry - when you close an application it can perform certain tasks such as word; if you close it all the autosave files will be removed, the same process will happen if windows closes it down on shutdown. It is highly unlikely that you have/had a virus but it may be because of a program you used that may have been writing to that portion of the registry and stopped half way and/or you uninstalled that application. Not sure of the specifics really but it's definitely an application, maybe a registry program but more likely to be a home plugin

I fully understand that process but i'm not sure if you understand the problem weare experiencing. I'm not alone. There are other forums where people are experiencing this alaso

I've used different home screens over the past few months so it's not those either

Anyway it's back to haunt me now!!

Guest bluntvillan

The phone doesn't do it because it hates you love, it's something that was installed. How about everyone who's experiencing this problem shed some light on the applications and today plugins they have installed since their last hard reset, then we'll find out...

The phone doesn't do it because it hates you love, it's something that was installed. How about everyone who's experiencing this problem shed some light on the applications and today plug-ins they have installed since their last hard reset, then we'll find out...

OK

no extra home screens installed and using windows basic at the moment

google maps

omap clocked to 252mhz

office wm6

mmobile panel

activesync

cameraware

divx player

gprs trafic monitor

ibm MIDP (unusable Java platform)

mesenger