Kaiser coming to Orange as HTC TyTN II

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest sk2000at
My contact (who told me it would be launched on October 1st) is now saying it will be available in 1 week.

But is that really 1 week or will there be another delay ?

Either way, without a decent data package you've got to consider if it is worth getting a 3G phone from Orange.

Maybe that's the Business "soft" launch ?

Guest xorangefirex
haha the back looks funny. looks like they just stuck an orange sticker on

Heh. It does just look like some guy spent the day in the back room at the Orange factory putting the little stickers on the back of the Kaiser.

Guest Subliminal Aura

Hi excuse the first post noobness but anyone have any ideas how much the Kaiser would cost as an upgrade ? ( lets assume I'm on the lowest band for simplicities sake )

Guest Subliminal Aura
Based on M3100 etc pricing, i'd say at least 200-300 quids...

Thanks,

It might still be an option to do that as 300quid is still cheaper than buying the phone out right.

Still in 2 minds as to whether to get this phone though as I have the gut feeling that the embedded GPS is not cracked up to what people are raving about. It's not SIRF III ? Was the Tytn I SIRF III ?

Guest jimbouk

It wont be that much... I think the top price with O is around £199 for handset as long as you pay monthly... but that comes down to £99 if you are over £25 per month and down to zero if you spend £45 or more

Guest rugbyleaguefan

I have an orange HTC Tytn 2 and can say its gorgeous,

Not much orange branding, ill post pics later...

its free on £45+ contracts and on upgrades Start from £89.99 for a band 5 customer!!!1

Sheffield Fargate had 2 now 1....

Andy ;)

Orderd my TYTN II today on my old tariff of £20.00 a month which includes 200 text, 10 photo messages + 5mb data, 1000 minutes off peak.. phone was free and all on a 12 month contract. my total cost for the whole year will be £240. when the large data bundles come out i may go for it but for now i tend to use my m3100 throgh the wi-fi at home. i only tend to download my hotmail/gmail messages or msn when on the move ie twice a week if no wifi is avail. what i am worried about is that it would have been nice to have the Anytime tariff.

I might still get a sim only monthly tariff off T-mobile. ;)

After the long wait i have just come off the phone with orange after getting the kaiser for free on a £30 contract.

Despite being with orange for 7 years and becoming a premier customer they still wanted £90 off me for the phone which is a cheek when i can start a new contract and get it for free.

Anyhow did the usual trick of threatening to leave orange to get it for free, but it worked so a little white lie is o.k every now and then ;)

Contemplated jumping ship to t-mobile but the coverage where i live is real bad despite what streetcheck says

Also when i came off the phone i got a call from the preston orange store telling me, they now had them in stock.

It would seem you wait so long for a bus and then they all turn up at once.

bring on monday :(

Guest florincostescu
I have the amazing and highly desireable Orange World Unlimited (or whatever it was called) - ie the 1gb anytime package that appeared at least briefly when the M3100 was launched. Anyone know if this is likely to continue when my 18 months is up? And, if I upgrade to the TytnII can I keep my existing and no longer available package.........?

I saw you've posted 6gb Sandisk MicroSDHC for your M3100. Is this really working on it? I have a 2Mb one and I'm dreaming for more on my old M3100.

Guest sameerabedi

Managed to upgrade to the HTC Tytn II for free on Orange.

12 month contract, keeping my existing bundle of 500 mins Xnet. Complained about the data plans on other services and so they offered me a a £10/month discount on my bill and the 30MB data package for free (plus a 100 free texts)

Therefore I'm now paying £20 per month for 500 Xnet mins, 100 text and 30MB GPRS usage.

Not yet as good as T-Mob, but ok for the time being - especially since T-Mob insisting on charging me £80 for the Vario III for Flext 35 and WnW.

It arrives today, can't wait!

Just a note on Tarrifs - I was on Panther 75 with my N95, and got unlimited off peak date, unlimited texts and 1500 x net anytime mins, incl Orange Care for £75 a month inc vat, which suited me... I was 7 months into a 12 month contract, and my 14th year as an Orange customer on same account/number

Did the upgrade t the TyTnII on Thurs (arrived Fri) which was FOC and the Premier CSA advised me to change to panther 55 which is 1200 mins, unlimited texts, unlimited off peak data and insurance for £55 inc vat - so saving £240 a year!!

I get through about a gig a month on the off peak data - quite often using the laptop connected to the phone via usb on 3.5g whilst out and about.....

Only use a very small amount of paid for data, prob less than a couple of £ a month!

Dunno about you guys, but I only get time to surf when I am not at work lol, soo free off peak suits me down to the ground - just have to find a better web browser for the TyTnII as I like the Nokia one MUCH better!

Mike

Wow, that's a good deal GSNGuy!

P

PS I see from your other thread you discovered Opera :(

Yup - TBH the IE that comes on the phone is, in my opinion, a pile of rubbish. I had really gotten used to the N95's browser, and when I borrowed a E90 Communicator last week, I thought it was going to be my next phone as the screen was fab - but it looks like Orange are not getting the E90, so I got me a TyTNII - Really impressed with it, and I reckon the camera is better than the N95, even if the video capture isn't - Only real fly in the ointment was IE, but now that is sorted too ;)

Mike

Guest ed.dark
To add into the rumors / info I went to the orange shop / booth in Canary Wharf today and asked when they would have the TytnII in stock. Guy reckoned a couple of weeks. - Not much new there. Then I asked have you still got those rubbish data plans or is there anything better (pretending I didnt know) to my suprise he said wait till November the 1st we are releasing new ones, I said are they any good though cos I was going to go to TMobile, he said he didnt know the details yet but they have been told they are very competitive.

Now i dont know whether to wait another month or to just go to TMobile and get the handset i have been waiting for, for so long!

any news on those plans yet

??

Edited by ed.dark

Guest tasminracer
any news on those plans yet

??

Im hoping there is, I went out of contract last month so I've waited until today to put a call into retentions to see what they can offer me... still waiting for the call back

They seem fully aware of the t-mobile and data issues so he's hoping they can do something.. even if they would mix the 30mb peak and unlimited off peak it would be a start..

If i get a reply I'll post back.

I.ve been on orange since the orange 5.1 !!! so over 10 years. my spv m5000 is getting a bit bashed about so needs replacing ( its already had 1 screen) Im hoping to keep the contract down to 12 months as after 12 months the phones are knackered..

What I'd really like is a duplicate sim that i could bank into another cheap phone, with the same number. use the tytnii during the day and a cheapy when going down the pub... currently to do that there is a lot of sim swapping !!!

G

Guest jimbouk

Luckily the Tytn 2's sim is easy to get to and doesnt even need the battery removing...

Having said that, you will find the Tytn 2 a lot smaller and more convenient than an M5000

Guest tasminracer

Well no luck on new data tariffs, and no luck in combining more than one data offer. Retentions even checked with Sales to see i anything in the pipeline and the answer was no...

So dispite my best intentions I was suckered in by the sexy voice of the girl on retentions and she did try very hard, and used up all my points.

I've ended up with

700 any network minutes

100 texts

unlimited landline calls

30mb data.

free TyTnII

18month contract which is the downer

but 33 quid per month inc vat which is less than i was paying..

It should arrive on monday, so I need to hunt out all the de branding, and I still have next week to decide to bin it or not....

If you want a good retentions contact try Michelle on 61142

G

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.