Youtube

Guest Goldberg83

Guest Goldberg83

Hi there is there any way to play videos from youtube on my kaiser over the internet, not downloading them? I have searched and there seems to be a few players, but I thought I'd ask some experts first.

Thanks

Guest WILBUR

just go to m.youtube.com on your browser - clicking on any video opens the "streaming media" application and you can watch the video.. (i don't think all the sites vids are on this yet though)

Only works for me over wifi - using t-mobile it just says "connecting...", however after several seconds i get the error "cannot find network"...

Edited by WILBUR

Guest dolbe666
just go to m.youtube.com on your browser - clicking on any video opens the "streaming media" application and you can watch the video.. (i don't think all the sites vids are on this yet though)

Only works for me over wifi - using t-mobile it just says "connecting...", however after several seconds i get the error "cannot find network"...

T-mobile probably block the streaming video ports. I would expect them to do that to limit people from streaming loads of data through their network

Guest WILBUR
T-mobile probably block the streaming video ports. I would expect them to do that to limit people from streaming loads of data through their network

hmm - I can watch BBC news video clips quite happily though!

Guest dolbe666
hmm - I can watch BBC news video clips quite happily though!

it may or may not be port plocking. it could also be they block the site. youtube is a very popular site where the BBC site isnt as far as people using the site for entertainment

On the contrary, I can watch m.youtube.com via T-Mobile (NL) 3G ... but not via Wi-Fi at home (because the phone is behind the Wi-Fi router, a known issue btw).

Guest dolbe666
On the contrary, I can watch m.youtube.com via T-Mobile (NL) 3G ... but not via Wi-Fi at home (because the phone is behind the Wi-Fi router, a known issue btw).

Heh thats my theory blown out of the water ;)

Guest burrzoo
Hi there is there any way to play videos from youtube on my kaiser over the internet, not downloading them? I have searched and there seems to be a few players, but I thought I'd ask some experts first.

Thanks

Forget Mobile YouTube. Get the Full Monty-->Thanks to Zbop on TreoCentral...works GREAT!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthre...ghlight=youtube

Guest TomaHawk

^ anyone got this ot work on vario 3 baisc web and walk?

i cant get it to work have tried a couple of times.

the program never appers.

anyhelp?

• 3 months later...
Guest Foxhunter123
It works for me - make sure you are using PIE and not Opera as the default browser, that was the problem in my case.

I have the connection problem with Wi-Fi too... I use Wifi with opera mini 4.0 and it just works like a charm looking at eg Modaco.com but using the standard IE and m.youtube.com I only get to the point where I can select a movie but when trying to play it cannot find any network...?

The Tytn 2 uses Streaming media version 2.20 (Build 807.715) and when I select settings it's set to connect via the internet - should I change anything there?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest burrzoo
Whenever I try to type in the full Youtube URL it diverts to m.youtube - is there a setting somewhere?

You can enter this URL -->

http://www.youtube.com/?nomobile=1

OR

Go back to the discussion at TreoCentral and there is a new version of the software which includes a fix that will automatically bring you to full YouTube. I haven't tried it yet but that's what the latest info states.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mr Alom

Guys,

Does anyone know why I can't view youtube through Streamer, the message that comes up is "Failed to find network" all the time even if my signal's excellent! :)

Guest Mr Alom
It works for me - make sure you are using PIE and not Opera as the default browser, that was the problem in my case.

Where do you go/what do you do, to change to PIE rather then Opera? I'm having the same problem. Message saying "Failed to find network" appear when trying to watck youtube. :)