Carcomm car kit

Guest MalcolmS

Guest MalcolmS

After a number of months of swapping between my Orange SPV M3100 and Sony Ericsson K750i in the car I took the plunge at the weekend and installed a Carcomm car kit - the CHFS-95 with CPAA-03 antenna coupler. It was a relatively easy swap over taking out the SE HCA-60 and replacing it with the Carcomm.

However i find myself with a number of niggling problems...

First up I forgot that the SE K750i had profiles and found I had several missed calls on the M3100 before I realised it was on silent. I was so used to sticking the K750i in its cradle, it would recognise it was in the car and switch to the car handsfree profile. Is there no equivalent for the M3100??

In car profile it also meant the K750i was on auto answer - is there no equivalent on the M3100?

I also had several numbers set up with voice dial on the K750 and I guess I can do this on the M3100 but I seem to recall that there's better voice dial software out there than the built in M3100 function... True? What do you recommend?

Another irritating issue is that my gps based speed camera detector (Origin B2) has stopped working since I installed the Carcomm device. I powers up but never finds any satellites. I've checked the antenna cabling and that all seems ok and even disconnected the Carcomm unit to see if that's what was causing it, to no effect. The Origin unit sits directly beside the Carcomm kit and coupler - it couldn't be interferance there could it??

My last problem I'm not sure what to do about... The HCA-60, callers said, was crystal clear and whilst those calling me are very clear (and louder) on the CHFS-95 callers say that my voice is like I'm speaking underwater! The cable runs and mike positioning etc are the same with the Carcomm as they were with the HCA-60. Any ideas?

What are others using in the car?? Bluetooth? Parrots?

All of this guiding me back to the SE K750i but i switched to the M3100 to avoid carrying around both a PDA and a phone which I almost achieved...

Malcolm

Edited by MalcolmS

Guest Happy Dave

you'll have to use something like SPB Phone suite to get the profiles. It has auto switching so when its in the car it can use the auto answer, etc. Its over here http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/phonesuite/?en

and dont even try to use a Parrot Bluetooth, if you search on here and XDA Developers you'll see there a massive issue with constant disconnects andthe Hermes / TyTn / Vario II

Edited by Happy Dave

Guest MalcolmS
you'll have to use something like SPB Phone suite to get the profiles. It has auto switching so when its in the car it can use the auto answer, etc.

Thanks Dave - good find...

Malcolm