Clearing Contacts Completely

Guest firemaker

Guest firemaker

It may sound simple.. but I'm having trouble, and would greatly appreciate any help.

I just got my AT&T 8525, which to my knowledge is the HTC Hermes. I've got some problems.. well just frustrations I suppose, with the contacts.

I transferred all of my contacts from my SIM card to my phone.. and now when I look at contacts I have double entries for everyone... I'd like to delete or atleast hide one set of these entries.. and hopefully remove the /h /m /o tags after people's names, and combine the numbers for the same person (like one person's home mobile and office tagged numbers) into one entry.. Is there any way to do this other than manually?

I've got 120 or so unique people in my contacts, most with multiple numbers to them.. so I'd love a way that doesn't require me spending the next week to do this..

Thanks,

Nate

Guest pd.ryder

The easiest way to sort this issue is to do it from within Outlook on the PC. It has a 'duplicate contact' sorter and its much easier to fiddle with the entries on the PC generally.

ActiveSync it and then open Outlook. Easy-peasy ;)

:wub:

Guest crazyc

I might have the wrong understanding here, but is the issue that both your SIM and Outlook contacts are showing? if so, just use a registry hack or one of the various customizing programs to hide the SIM entries.

Guest firemaker

Ah.. one problem I have right now is I cant set up outlook with my work email account.. So I can't fiddle with contacts yet =P

but.. I will get on that as soon as I can, thanks.