2 replies to this topic

Wildfire

Wildfire

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Devices:Toshiba TG01
last month Orange broke the data protection act on my account, the issue was raised with the supervisor and nothing done, so i wrote an email to the exec office, nothing...no reply...they ignored it, so i sent them another and at the same time sent a letter recorded delivery.

that was a few weeks ago, still nothing.....

DPA is a legal issue, Orange have broken it and i am now somewhat narked, looking at the OFCOM site it seems that they dont want to get involved, are there any suggestions as to what i can do next?

Phone history: Nokia Cityman - Moto Mr602 - Nokia 3310 - Nokia 6150 - Nokia 7110 - Nokia 9000 - Moto T280 - Nokia 7650 - SPV - Pana GD87e - SE p800 - Seimens SL55 - SE T610 - Nokia 3300 - Nokia 6600 - SE p900 - SPV E200 - Sanyo S750 - SPV M1000 - M2000 - M5000 - Moto Maxx V6 (for one day) - SPV M3100 (coming soon)

Karucifer

Karucifer

Editor

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Interests:Warranty-voiding gadgeteer. The android-powered toaster is WIP. Systems Architect and Technologist.
  • Devices:HTC One X, Macbook Air
  • Twitter:@Karucifer

last month Orange broke the data protection act on my account, the issue was raised with the supervisor and nothing done, so i wrote an email to the exec office, nothing...no reply...they ignored it, so i sent them another and at the same time sent a letter recorded delivery.

DPA is a legal issue, Orange have broken it and i am now somewhat narked, looking at the OFCOM site it seems that they dont want to get involved, are there any suggestions as to what i can do next?

start here http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints.aspx

What can I do about it?
First of all, contact the organisation you have a problem with. You should tell them
what the problem is and give them an opportunity to put things right. Many data
protection problems can be solved quickly without us getting involved.
You can also call our Helpline on 01625 545 745 for advice to help you to solve the
problem.

What if I cannot solve the problem myself?
If you have contacted the organisation about the problem but have been unable to
solve it, then we may be able to help.
If necessary, we will investigate the problem further. If we think the law has been
broken we can give the organisation advice and ask them to solve the problem. In the
most serious cases we can order them to do so.
You should be aware that in most cases we cannot punish an organisation for
breaking the law. Nor can we award you compensation. Our priority is to get the
organisation to change so that it handles personal information properly in the future.

Edited by Xavier, 07 October 2007 - 09:02 PM.

Swampie

Swampie

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario III + MDA Vario

How was it that you think Orange broke the DPA?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users