The following instructions I followed to open it up I took at my own risk, knowing it would invalidate my warranty, if anyone else does follow them then they will do so at there own risk.
As with taking any device apart care should be taken, and don't force it.
I used a T6 Torx screwdriver, a piece of flat strong plastic (other people have suggested old credit cards), and a small flathead screwdriver (but not essential).
1) After taking the battery out I also removed the SIM card, the memory card, and the stylus
2) This picture shows the first screws to remove (circled in red), by using the torx
Start.JPG 38.52KB 909 downloads
3) I then levered the hole the stylus fits into, by prising up with the end of the stylus (to remove the back cover)
Stylus_clip.JPG 35.89KB 687 downloads
4) Using the plastic tool I slid it around the edge, being careful not to put to much force into it to remove the rest of the clips around the back cover.
This is a picture of the back cover off with the locations of the clips (note the camera hole for orientation)
Backcover.JPG 37.45KB 640 downloads
5) I then removed the next set of screws (with the torx again)
Backcover_off.JPG 62.24KB 734 downloads
6) I then removed the middle cover by prising against the front (the front was connected to the circuit), I found if it didn't want to release in one direction, then I would tackle it from the other way round
Middle.JPG 43.59KB 769 downloads
7) Then to prise off the front cover was straight forward by using the flathead to lever the two clips in red
Front_on.JPG 65.9KB 859 downloads
** The connector circled in yellow is for the front button set, and I didn't need to remove this to change the screen **
8) I then removed the flexi circuit connecting the screen (circled in blue) - I did tear mine, but that is fine for me as the screen was broken anyway, so if I was to do it again I would take more care
This shows the front cover with the clips circled
Front_XDA_Orbit.jpg 42.61KB 621 downloads
9) The screen was held on with two strips of sticky tape, and I just used the flathead to prise it away
Connecting the new screen back was straight forward, as was putting the phone back together once I knew where the clips were. I did need to make sure the volume button was lined up with the connection on the circuit however.
I now have a working phone again!