PAYG Mobile Data

Guest J273

Im thinking of switching from oranges Payg plan whoch is £3 per MB as its costing me welllll too much.

I mostly use my phone now for mobile web and email.

what's the best plan to go with .....

T-Mobiles web&walk @ £1 per day

or o2's new £7.50 per month bolt on for mobile data.

What do you think is the better deal o2's or t-mobiles packages.

Thanks

Guest chucky.egg

£1 per day deals are good if you won't use it every day, otherwise you end up with £30/month bills

With these you get effectively unlimited (they all have caps I think) data for the day, and only pay £1 per day. If you only use a tiny amount in a given day then you pay under £1. If you don't use it at all on a given day you pay nothing.

£7.50 deals (why have they all chosen that price?) generally offer fixed volumes, but you pay less if you use it every day than you would with a £1/day deal.

I've got Vodafone £7.50 for 120Mb, which is fine for my needs, and a fair amount IMO for the amount I use (30-80Mb/month)

Guest Mysterious Stranger
Im thinking of switching from oranges Payg plan whoch is £3 per MB as its costing me welllll too much.

I mostly use my phone now for mobile web and email.

what's the best plan to go with .....

Why are you leaving orange PAYG? It's as cheap as t-mob @ £1/day.

Text the word access to 247 for orange world access 1.

M.S

Why are you leaving orange PAYG? It's as cheap as t-mob @ £1/day.

Text the word access to 247 for orange world access 1.

M.S

Do you have to txt this overtime then when you want the additional data?

So out of all 3 plans then which do you think is the best deal out there

Orange's with the above addition

T-mobile Payg £1 web and walk (not the sim only package)

Or o2's sim with the mobile data bolt on.

Id see i transfer about 1mb per day...with web/email/rss .etc

thanks

Guest Mysterious Stranger
Do you have to txt this overtime then when you want the additional data?

So out of all 3 plans then which do you think is the best deal out there

Orange's with the above addition

T-mobile Payg £1 web and walk (not the sim only package)

Or o2's sim with the mobile data bolt on.

Id see i transfer about 1mb per day...with web/email/rss .etc

thanks

I cane about 100mb/day on orange ;-)

You need to txt orange 1 hr before you want access. Supposed to last until midnight that day but mine seems ok till about 7am before i need to sign up again.

From what I understand though, if you have existing pre-paid data, it uses that first though :-(

M.S

Guest Confucious

T's £1/day is better than O's because you doin't have to worry about it, if you use less than £1/day of data you just get charged for usage but it is capped at £1/day and you don't have tio send a text to rexuest it then wait an hour!

Both are fine for occasional use but if you are going to use it more than 7 days a month then O2's data add on sounds ideal for you.

Great thanks guys

Just one last thing ...so how does t-mobile £1 per day work.

is it you can browse and itll cost you a £1 provided you keep within there cap?...but if you sont use a £1's worth it wont actually cost a £1 ;)

Thanks

Edited by J273

Guest Confucious

As I stated above, if you use less than £1 worth of data you just get charged for the data you use, but £1 is the max you will be charged - I don't think there is any limit on the amount of data you get for your pound.

Edited by Confucious

As I stated above, if you use less than £1 worth of data you just get charged for the data you use, but £1 is the max you will be charged - I don't think there is any limit on the amount of data you get for your pound.

Ha thanks...sorry didnt read your last post properly.

think t's for me then......well maybe as ive just seen 3g's payg sim prices which seem very good ....are there new sims now compatible with all handsets?

Guest Confucious

I believe they are - and are very good value if you have coverage - just theire coverage is a lot worse than the others, if you can getit then worth looking at.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mcwarre
I believe they are - and are very good value if you have coverage - just theire coverage is a lot worse than the others, if you can getit then worth looking at.

Vodafone are doing similar max £1 a day as well (with an upper limit)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pcworks
Vodafone are doing similar max £1 a day as well (with an upper limit)

the best deal at the moment is with 3, on their payg service you can buy a 30day internet pass for £5, this gives you a fair use of upto 1gig of data for the 30day period. I bought a 3skypephone on thursday night, bought a £10 topup and got my free skype and skype texts for the next 30 days and I bought the £5 add-on. Have been using the phone as a usb modem for the laptop and it works well. I just hope people don't abuse the offer and 3 withdraw it.

Rob H

Guest mcwarre
the best deal at the moment is with 3, on their payg service you can buy a 30day internet pass for £5, this gives you a fair use of upto 1gig of data for the 30day period. I bought a 3skypephone on thursday night, bought a £10 topup and got my free skype and skype texts for the next 30 days and I bought the £5 add-on. Have been using the phone as a usb modem for the laptop and it works well. I just hope people don't abuse the offer and 3 withdraw it.

Rob H

Good spot. Do 3 still charge for emails on top of this? That's what their website seems to indicate..................................

Edited by mcwarre

Guest modgnik
Good spot. Do 3 still charge for emails on top of this? That's what their website seems to indicate..................................

I checked on the My3 feature on a 3skypephone and it states that you require an Internet Add-On for your emails, so I took the £5 jobby for 30 days.

To me these 3skypephones @ £50 are the perfect xmas present for youngsters as long as they can afford the minimum £10 per month top-up to take advantage of the Skype facility.