How to Download Games and Applications from PC to M700

Guest krazyasif

Guest krazyasif

Hi

Sorry for being a novice to pdas (a little embarrasing as its probably something simple hehe - we all been in this place one time or another though) :)

How do I transfer games, apps etc using ActiveSync from my PC to my PDA? :( Anyone care to share step by step guide (i.e what to do... where to save etc)

I bought a "100 best programmes and 1000 games for your PDA" cd from ebay and have been trying and trying to download them onto my phone (Orange SPV M700i) but when I tranfer them it always says something like "This is not a known pda application" - something along those lines .... my phone doesnt recognise the file! ;)

ARGH! :(

You know the setup files? I copy and paste that from my PC to My Docs in my pda by using ActiveSync ... am I doing something wrong? <_<

Please help! BTW i've successfully transferred themes and music to my phone!

Please show me step by step how to download games etc onto my phone :D Also is it possible to have the programmes (i.e. Games, applications) to be saved onto my 2 Gig Memory Card so that I can use them from there? My Phone only has 64MB Memory

Many Thanks in Advance

Asif

Guest krazyasif

The games on the CD are all in .exe.

If I download them onto the Memory Card will they still work? My Themes that I saved in the Device>My Documents>Themes ... that works ... but StorageCard>My Documents>Themes ... this don't work when I put the same file here ... how come?

Any Software that is essential for a PDA?

BTW I think PDA's rule!!;) can't believe I didn't get one earlier hehe

Edited by krazyasif

Guest nickcornaglia

Krazy...check out the wiki and around the forums a bit. Software that YOU are interested in is purely subjective. But there have been alot of people asking that same question in the past and many posts with a ton of recommendations.

Best bet...search for the site for things you are interested in. Or browse thru the FairDeal link above or Handango apps. Both list downloads by popularity.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Paul (MVP)
I bought a "100 best programmes and 1000 games for your PDA" cd from ebay

And there's your mistake ;)

Seriously tho, if they are EXE, are you sure they're not PC based installers?

P