Synchronization problem

Guest janota

Hi everybody,

Please help me. I am not able to synchronize my Qtek9100 (HTC Wizzard) with WM6 with ActiveSync 4.5 on Windows XP SP2. This is new situation - it was working till end of august and then problem and then without known reason (or reinstall of something) synchonization is not possible. So here are some facts:

1. Qtek 9100 PDA/mobile phone, MS Mobile 6

2. Computer: Win XP, ActiveSync 4.5.0 (Build 5096)

3. Even the ActiveSync is not able to synchronize it can see the device and I can manually copy files from and to the device easily

4. This is new issue – I was successfully synchronizing it with my PC for more that year

5. ActiveSync is not reporting an error code - just a message that "Synchronization cannot be completed successfully. Reconnect your device and try again. If the problem persist, see the MS ActiveSync troubleshooter in MS ActiveSync Help on your desktop computer."

6. I ran ActiveSync troubleshooter as suggested with no answer (everything seems ok for the Troubleshooter).

7. It is not firewall problems - same problem is with firewall sitched on and off. Anyway - the device is visible, i can explore the files on the device - I cannot only synchonize or install anything (with information, that installation program cannot create directory '/windows/AppMgr/Install' - but I do have enough memory or resources... And this directory cannot be created even manually (via explorer). I can create 'New Folder' directory but cannot rename it (access denied).

Thank you very much for any usefull help.

Rasto

• 3 weeks later...
Guest markvader

I think I have an idential problem. home and work PC's both reporting the "Synchronization cannot be completed successfully. Reconnect your device and try again. If the problem persist, see the MS ActiveSync troubleshooter in MS ActiveSync Help on your desktop computer." message.

Could this be the fault of a MS automatic update to activesync? I'm pretty stumped by this.

Only other thing i can add to the previous post was that I flashed to WM6, Core2.0 version

Please help me. I am not able to synchronize my Qtek9100 (HTC Wizzard) with WM6 with ActiveSync 4.5 on Windows XP SP2. This is new situation - it was working till end of august and then problem and then without known reason (or reinstall of something) synchonization is not possible. So here are some facts:

1. Qtek 9100 PDA/mobile phone, MS Mobile 6

2. Computer: Win XP, ActiveSync 4.5.0 (Build 5096)

3. Even the ActiveSync is not able to synchronize it can see the device and I can manually copy files from and to the device easily

4. This is new issue – I was successfully synchronizing it with my PC for more that year

5. ActiveSync is not reporting an error code - just a message that "Synchronization cannot be completed successfully. Reconnect your device and try again. If the problem persist, see the MS ActiveSync troubleshooter in MS ActiveSync Help on your desktop computer."

6. I ran ActiveSync troubleshooter as suggested with no answer (everything seems ok for the Troubleshooter).

7. It is not firewall problems - same problem is with firewall sitched on and off. Anyway - the device is visible, i can explore the files on the device - I cannot only synchonize or install anything (with information, that installation program cannot create directory '/windows/AppMgr/Install' - but I do have enough memory or resources... And this directory cannot be created even manually (via explorer). I can create 'New Folder' directory but cannot rename it (access denied).

• 3 weeks later...

One thin you could try is to download and install SK TOOLS, then in the program click view then maintance and then notification queue. Then click action and then re-create activesync.

This restores some of the more hidden settings of Activesync which might help, failing that a hard reset might be the only option.

I think I have an idential problem. home and work PC's both reporting the "Synchronization cannot be completed successfully. Reconnect your device and try again. If the problem persist, see the MS ActiveSync troubleshooter in MS ActiveSync Help on your desktop computer." message.

Could this be the fault of a MS automatic update to activesync? I'm pretty stumped by this.

Only other thing i can add to the previous post was that I flashed to WM6, Core2.0 version

Guest tony_man

Hi

I had the same problem; sync worked for a year or more then .. nish..

I had given my machine a static IP address and switched off DHCP client for my network card, this prevented DHCP from giving an ip address to the vario..

If I use DHCP to get an IP Active sync works fine

?

Good luck T

Guest markvader
One thin you could try is to download and install SK TOOLS, then in the program click view then maintance and then notification queue. Then click action and then re-create activesync.

This restores some of the more hidden settings of Activesync which might help, failing that a hard reset might be the only option.

For some reason the cab file is failing when i go to install sk tools. im so close to doing a hard reset, just want one last stab at getting it working before i wipe a load of programs of the device.

Hi

I had the same problem; sync worked for a year or more then .. nish..

I had given my machine a static IP address and switched off DHCP client for my network card, this prevented DHCP from giving an ip address to the vario..

If I use DHCP to get an IP Active sync works fine

?

Good luck T

I dont think the static IP address should be an issue with mine as my work comp has always had a static address whilst my laptop has always had a dynamic address, yet both of them stopped syncing at the same time.