HSPDA

Guest beermonstermatt

Guest beermonstermatt

Hi All

Day 3 with my Vario III and I still have a big grin! ;)

Could some one please tell me how to tell if I have HSPDA working on my phone, I cant find any reference to it on the phone, on the top of the screen I get the 3G icon, but I have read lots of posts about having to phone T-mob to get HSPDA turned on, is there any way of telling if its activated on my phone (apart form the down load speed, but coming form a Vario it quick regardless!)

Thanks in advance!

Guest Confucious

HSDPA is on by default with all T-Mob W'n'W packages now I believe - it didn't used to be with the £7.50 option but I believe it is now. Give T a ring on 150 if you are unsure. (Unlike O the actually answere their phone)

Guest beermonstermatt

OK Looks like I do have it, just done a speed test and it reported back at 498k, so I must have as normal 3G is only 380ish isn’t it? Still don’t get a H symbol though, does any one else get this symbol on there Vario 3?

Guest beermonstermatt
Me too :(

Also, you can tap the G/3G/H icon and it will tell you which it is connected to.

Ok just tried this and it says T-Mobile Internet (3G), Now I am confused ;) , I am using the standard tmob ROM so I shoud get a H, Does it depend on signal area, I am at wotk at the mo and I have got a good constant 3 bars on 3g.

Guest Confucious

Not saure about the vario - and it does vary from ROM to ROM (maybe you should post your ROM version number?) but on my Ameo (PK Black Touch V2.0 ROM) it shows as 3G until I connect and only thwn does it change to H

Guest beermonstermatt
Not saure about the vario - and it does vary from ROM to ROM (maybe you should post your ROM version number?) but on my Ameo (PK Black Touch V2.0 ROM) it shows as 3G until I connect and only thwn does it change to H

Ok ROM info (from the splash screen when the device boots) R 1.27.12.11 G 22.45.88.07H D 1.56.00.00

Guest creamhackered

Sounds as though you're having what I had - HSDPA isn't enabled on your account from T-Mobile. Phone them and ask them to enable it, once i'd done that it immediately came up with H on my device once transferring data ;)

I'm having the same problem. phoned t-mobile and got them to confirm my account had HSDPA activated but i'm still yet to see the illusive "H". However, i do doubt the dozy customer services as the T-Mobile lady just kept going on about 3G. If i get full reception on 3G should I expect to get an HSDPA connection? Or maybe Bath doesn't get HSDPA?

Joshy x

Hi,

On the phone to t mobile now and the lady is saying hsdpa is is not suppose to be enabled on the web n talk service I signed up for? what different web n talk tafiffs are there I am only aware of the 7.50 tariff.

She also says she cant enable it on my account as there isnt a option.

Sombody help

Thanks

Got transfered to T mob tech guy and he said it isnt a hsdpa handset thats why I wont get the H symbol. I know they are talking crap as you guys have it enabled.

I thought orange were crap...............

Edited by Chevvy

Hi,

On the phone to t mobile now and the lady is saying hsdpa is is not suppose to be enabled on the web n talk service I signed up for? what different web n talk tafiffs are there I am only aware of the 7.50 tariff.

She also says she cant enable it on my account as there isnt a option.

Sombody help

Thanks

Got transfered to T mob tech guy and he said it isnt a hsdpa handset thats why I wont get the H symbol. I know they are talking crap as you guys have it enabled.

I thought orange were crap...............

u can get web'n'walk plus and web'n'walk max but these cost more

Guest Chrissssssss

I received my Vario III with standard WnW on Friday and get the lovely little H icon displaying while using the net. The rest of the time, as others said, it just says 3G.

I received my Vario III with standard WnW on Friday and get the lovely little H icon displaying while using the net. The rest of the time, as others said, it just says 3G.

You don't get HSDPA on PAYG ;)

Guest TomaHawk
Or maybe Bath doesn't get HSDPA?

Joshy x

Bath defiantly has HSDPA i have had my vario 3 a couple of weeks and have been surprised how often i am in a HSDPA area.

Bath defiantly has HSDPA i have had my vario 3 a couple of weeks and have been surprised how often i am in a HSDPA area.

What!? T-Mobile must be feeding me gibberish again! I live just around by the circus and never get any HSDPA despite T-mobile insisting I have it activated.