Official T-mobile WM6 download live?

Guest VeryRisky

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FragMeister

The Official version contains the same rom file: RUU_Hermes_TMO_UK_3.60.110.4_6275_1.50.00.00_108_Ship.exe

There are some other files in the zip as well including a CAB file to stop problems with MobileTV: "no audio can be heard or the video can get stucked." (their words not mine)

The pdf manual says that the new rom includes the F-Secure antivirus software, but I dont recall having that when I installed from the link in the first of this thread.

Any ideas whether I could upgrade to the Officical rom from the previous one (or indeed if there is any point)?

I would be interested to see if the comm manager is still as ugly

Guest VeryRisky

I've downloaded it. I would install now (over the previous "official" from my post at the start of the thread) but I can't risk the phone with anything for a few days as my wife is expecting our first any time now....

Guest MikeWard1701

Installed the WM6 ROM (found via navigating the UK site).

Startin to wish i hadn't :S It's sluggish and gettin on my tits.

Seriously considering the Hard reset and skipping the ExtROM install, but where do i get the operator settings from? and will skipping the ExtROM installer leave more of the WM6 features intact?

Where can I get Windows Live Messenger from and the WM6 Remote Desktop?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Do it, its much better.

Create an account with HTC E-Club, then browse the downloads for P3600; there you will find a Network settings wizard to configure your connections.

To replace messenger and Remote Desktop you need to get Googling!

search for WM6 RDP-Finster.cab and wlm duttythroy :(

just done it. without any problems or suprises. one question now: if i'd try to unlock my vario ii with cid method... whats gonna happen? will it be ok with my new wm6?

Guest Embraer

Works fine - the only thing WM6 seems to lack is my favourite ringtone "Old Phone", anybody got a copy, can't imagine being without my Jim Rockford ringtone?

To replace messenger and Remote Desktop you need to get Googling!

search for WM6 RDP-Finster.cab and wlm duttythroy :(

So I am currently running the plain vanilla TMob customised WM6 ROM with mandt's spiffing Vista Ultimate theme - looks nice! So you allude to messenger and remote desktop are there any other spiffing mods I should be looking for? Its been a while since I did any customisation, so long in fact I can no longer remember my XDA-developers login details! Other things I have read about are implementing the TouchFlow and some sort of HTC Homescreen Plugin? Any clues?

HTC Home is pretty useful, if a little large. I'd also recommend a newer version of X-Button with the today screen drop-down menu. HTC Action screen is a must have for me, and don't forget HTC Album!

Sounds like you know where to get 'em :D

Glad you like the theme :(

Guest MikeWard1701

Dows WN6 upgrade a non-SDHC slot to SDHC compatability or is there a hardware difference?

Same with Bluetooth, read that the Hermes has BT 2.0 but no EDR, does WN6 change that or again is it hardware?

Thanks,

Mike

Dows WN6 upgrade a non-SDHC slot to SDHC compatability or is there a hardware difference?

Same with Bluetooth, read that the Hermes has BT 2.0 but no EDR, does WN6 change that or again is it hardware?

Thanks,

Mike

The Hermes is certainly SDHC compatible from a harware point of view. Some WM6 builds have included the drivers, and I think all the current WM6 builds do.

From memory it was the 3.57 Roms that first had this.

My 6 gig microSDHC works fine in my M3100.

• 2 weeks later...

i make update and then i try to instal font it was working in that virsion so he make frezz and i cant make uninstal and i cant comnnect to pc and i cant make remove or anything i try many time make reset nothing happen i think he badword

i make update and then i try to instal font it was working in that virsion so he make frezz and i cant make uninstal and i cant comnnect to pc and i cant make remove or anything i try many time make reset nothing happen i think he badword

Have you hard reset the phone, not just the soft reset using the button on the bottom? Instructions here http://www.modaco.com/content/HTC-Hermes-H...set-the-Hermes/

Guest seanie_p83

Hi, i'm new to this forum.

I'm having trouble updating my vario 2 to wm6. I would like the official version from t-mobile uk but when I'm taken to the htc website (http://member.htc.com/member/ProductRegistration.aspx) and try to register my mda i get this message:

Unable to register your serial number. The serial number you entered is not for an HTC branded product.

Register your product today to get free updates, applications and drivers.

You can only register HTC-branded devices (e.g. HTC Touch or HTC S620 ) here. If you purchased your device (e.g. T-Mobile Dash or Orange SPV E650) from a mobile operator, please check with your mobile operator if they have their own product registration service.

have they removed the update???

Does any body have the t-mobile installer that they could send to me or could u show me a link to get it from plz? I would really apreciate it.

thanks

Sean :-)

Hi, i'm new to this forum.

I'm having trouble updating my vario 2 to wm6. I would like the official version from t-mobile uk but when I'm taken to the htc website (http://member.htc.com/member/ProductRegistration.aspx) and try to register my mda i get this message:

Unable to register your serial number. The serial number you entered is not for an HTC branded product.

This is the direct link

http://member.htc.com/RuuDownload/T-mobile...aspx?country=UK