• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Dr Who

Dr Who

Timelord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

The ROM is now officially linked from T-Mobile UK....

http://www.tm-phoned.../sd_vario2.html

Swweeeeeeet. Warranty supported upgrade happening tonight then! Having said that I am due an upgrade in the next few weeks!

tepss

tepss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
just done it. without any problems or suprises. one question now: if i'd try to unlock my vario ii with cid method... whats gonna happen? will it be ok with my new wm6?

Embraer

Embraer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:Vario
Works fine - the only thing WM6 seems to lack is my favourite ringtone "Old Phone", anybody got a copy, can't imagine being without my Jim Rockford ringtone?

Dr Who

Dr Who

Timelord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

To replace messenger and Remote Desktop you need to get Googling!

search for WM6 RDP-Finster.cab and wlm duttythroy :(

So I am currently running the plain vanilla TMob customised WM6 ROM with mandt's spiffing Vista Ultimate theme - looks nice! So you allude to messenger and remote desktop are there any other spiffing mods I should be looking for? Its been a while since I did any customisation, so long in fact I can no longer remember my XDA-developers login details! Other things I have read about are implementing the TouchFlow and some sort of HTC Homescreen Plugin? Any clues?

mandt

mandt

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts
  • Devices:Diamond, Kaiser
HTC Home is pretty useful, if a little large. I'd also recommend a newer version of X-Button with the today screen drop-down menu. HTC Action screen is a must have for me, and don't forget HTC Album!

Sounds like you know where to get 'em :D

Glad you like the theme :(

christhedon

christhedon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
How do you get the official live messenger or even the old msn messenger for this?

stevenjames1982

stevenjames1982

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:vario 2

Has anyone checked to see if this has MicroSDHC drivers?

would love to no this as well please :(

MikeWard1701

MikeWard1701

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch HD
Dows WN6 upgrade a non-SDHC slot to SDHC compatability or is there a hardware difference?
Same with Bluetooth, read that the Hermes has BT 2.0 but no EDR, does WN6 change that or again is it hardware?

Thanks,
Mike

M I K E  W A R D
1 7 0 1

Current: iPhone 4
Previous; HTC Touch HD | T-Mobile MDA Vario II (HTC TyTN/Hermes) | T-Mobile MDA Compact (HTC Magician) | HP iPAQ 2210 | Psion 5mx | 3com Palm IIIe | Psion 3c | Psion Siena | SonyEricsson T610 | Samsung SGH-T1000 | Ericsson T10 | Motorola StarTAC | Motorola ?

crazyc

crazyc

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Devices:O2 XDA Serra, SPV M3100

Dows WN6 upgrade a non-SDHC slot to SDHC compatability or is there a hardware difference?
Same with Bluetooth, read that the Hermes has BT 2.0 but no EDR, does WN6 change that or again is it hardware?
Thanks,
Mike

The Hermes is certainly SDHC compatible from a harware point of view. Some WM6 builds have included the drivers, and I think all the current WM6 builds do.
From memory it was the 3.57 Roms that first had this.

My 6 gig microSDHC works fine in my M3100.

----------------------------------
HTC One X due to arrive
Smartphone History:
Vodafone HTC Desire Z
Vodafone UK Touch Pro 2
O2 XDA Serra
O2 XDA Stellar
Orange M3100

mandt

mandt

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts
  • Devices:Diamond, Kaiser

How do you get the official live messenger or even the old msn messenger for this?

The answer is two posts up from yours :(

aboroy

aboroy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:mda2
i make update and then i try to instal font it was working in that virsion so he make frezz and i cant make uninstal and i cant comnnect to pc and i cant make remove or anything i try many time make reset nothing happen i think he badword

Dr Who

Dr Who

Timelord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

i make update and then i try to instal font it was working in that virsion so he make frezz and i cant make uninstal and i cant comnnect to pc and i cant make remove or anything i try many time make reset nothing happen i think he badword

Have you hard reset the phone, not just the soft reset using the button on the bottom? Instructions here http://www.modaco.co...set-the-Hermes/

seanie_p83

seanie_p83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:MDA VARIO 2
Hi, i'm new to this forum.
I'm having trouble updating my vario 2 to wm6. I would like the official version from t-mobile uk but when I'm taken to the htc website (http://member.htc.co...gistration.aspx) and try to register my mda i get this message:

Unable to register your serial number. The serial number you entered is not for an HTC branded product.

Register your product today to get free updates, applications and drivers.

You can only register HTC-branded devices (e.g. HTC Touch or HTC S620 ) here. If you purchased your device (e.g. T-Mobile Dash or Orange SPV E650) from a mobile operator, please check with your mobile operator if they have their own product registration service.

have they removed the update???

Does any body have the t-mobile installer that they could send to me or could u show me a link to get it from plz? I would really apreciate it.

thanks
Sean :-)

Dr Who

Dr Who

Timelord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Hi, i'm new to this forum.
I'm having trouble updating my vario 2 to wm6. I would like the official version from t-mobile uk but when I'm taken to the htc website (http://member.htc.co...gistration.aspx) and try to register my mda i get this message:
Unable to register your serial number. The serial number you entered is not for an HTC branded product.

This is the direct link

http://member.htc.co...aspx?country=UK

seanie_p83

seanie_p83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

This is the direct link

http://member.htc.co...aspx?country=UK

Thanks, that was the link I tried and was taken to this web site

http://member.htc.co...mber/login.aspx

I registered, typed in my vario 2 s/n code and am told its not a valid htc product code.
Do u think t-moble or htc have removed the link?

sean

jchamier

jchamier

Quite unimportant

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Women, Songs :)
  • Devices:iPhone 5s

I registered, typed in my vario 2 s/n code and am told its not a valid htc product code. Do u think t-moble or htc have removed the link?

Nope, I can still download it.

You need the serial number, not the IMEI (they're not the same). Look under the battery for the number indicated by SN: that usually starts HT....

James

My devices: Apple iPhone 4S on T-Mobile - Android: Amazon Kindle Fire

Previously: Android: Huawei U8800, ZTE Blade & Ancient: WM6.1: HTC Blackstone, WM6: HTC Kaiser, WM5: HTC Hermes

seanie_p83

seanie_p83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Nope, I can still download it.

You need the serial number, not the IMEI (they're not the same). Look under the battery for the number indicated by SN: that usually starts HT....

James

cool thanx for your help James I have the update now.
thank you :(

fathazza

fathazza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:mda vario II
hey guys,

im having trouble installing this, i keep on getting an error (no 260) about my connection.
Everything is fine until i come to the final bit where you do the final next to make it install.

Then as soon as ive done this activesync/windows mobile device centre loses the connection to the phone
and a couple of mins later the progam comes up with the connection error and tells me it cant continue.

Ive tried this on my main pc on vista and my laptop with xp and used a cradle and a normal usb cable on each and get the same problem.

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

Harry

ps. i tried searching for the problem but couldnt find anything tho i was probably searching for the wrong thing

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,222 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Sounds like the driver isn't being installed properly when it drops to bootloader - i've seen this on Vista, but not XP?

When the device is in bootloader (multi colour screen), have you tried just unplugging and replugging the device then rerunning the update (with it still on the bootloader screen)?

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

DarkWanderer

DarkWanderer

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire Orange Stock 2.2
This maybe a really dumb question, but does the Official TMob WM6 ROM linked above include the ToucFlo interface? I have the DopodAsia WM6 which didn't include it. Of course since I've not used TouchFlo is it a great loss?

Current: HTC Desire Orange Stock 2.2
Past Devices:
02 XDA Mini S running SNN WM6.1 Diamond Edition
Qtek 8500 running WM6.1 Clean v0.4
T-Mobile Shadow (HTC Juno) WM6.1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users